Family interaction with guests

What other such viruses killed over 4 million worldwide, over 600k in the US alone over the last 18 months? In my city there are almost 400 known active cases this week.

I know you’re just trolling but isn’t it embarrassing to post such dumb stuff? I mean, it’a a public forum on which you’ve posted your listing previously.

5 Likes

If y’all are vaccinated then you are protected. That’s why you get a vaccine…to build up antibodies to the virus.
The media has scared the life out of ppl; they succeeded to scare our family as well until we started to do the research. I feel sad for those ppl that still live in fear of their lives AFTER they have been vaccinated. I have been there.

1 Like

What kind of listing do you have? A room in your home?

It’s a home share. We used to have three rooms in our home, but have only re-opened one that has a separate entrance. It doesn’t have an ensuite bathroom but we can dedicate one to it. Guests can stay fairly separate. We used to do a breakfast buffet for our full house, but now we offer private breakfast in their rental to unvaccinated guests and welcome vaccinated guests into the dining room for whatever light breakfast foods they prefer. The unopened rooms share a bathroom with us and we are not ready to do that quite yet - maybe next year.

2 Likes

Thanks, sorry I wasn’t clear. I thought I had replied to @Rebecca1.

I was wondering what kind of listing she had. I find it curious that someone would say I’m living in fear because I don’t want disease spreaders in my home. I think she’s saying that if a host is vaccinated, they shouldn’t care. Does that mean if I keep a loaded gun in my home for self defense then I shouldn’t care if a convicted felon books my guest room?

How condescending to tell me what I should and shouldn’t fear in my own home.

3 Likes

@Rebecca1 Fully vaccinated, and I don’t live in fear, but I’m being very cautious around others. Since there’s now a raging variant that they say you’re safe if vaccinated, but who knows. This is nothing anyone has been through before and there could be a variant in the future that jumps the vaccine. There is nothing wrong with being cautious, this has only been going on for 1 1/2 years and no one has the answers.

4 Likes

It’s not about “living in fear.” There’s breakthrough cases, variants and ofcourse the unknown factor of how long the efficacy of the vaccination lasts. As someone who is high-risk, I choose to be cautious. It isn’t the media who has scared me, it’s the deaths and long term health problems among my friends and family which has made me continue to take this pandemic seriously.

5 Likes

Which ones are you asking about?
HPV, hepatitis B, varicella roster, small pox—no screening needed unless the host is going to be having bodily contact or contact with body fluids of an active case.

Common flu-if I was in a home share, I would ask. Before 2020, it would not have occurred to me but for fall of 2021, I could understand if they did.

There is so much not known about C-19 & how it is changing combined with it can be spread before the patient knows they are sick, I can understand a home share host asking about vaccination status.

1 Like

I don’t pay attention to the mainstream media. I read the medical journals & publications.

NO vaccine is 100% effective. Because there is an abundance of people who did not/are not vaccinated, virus is changing.

These 8 variants mean more vaccinated people at at risk of catching Covid 19 Variant.

A vaccinated person can/may get sick but hopefully it will be a mild case. However in the case of someone immunocompromised, the vaccine may not give them enough protection.

If I get sick, I can’t provide care for my 87 year old father with Cancer. I fully intend to continue to be careful.

4 Likes

In the US, vaccines for these are mandatory to enter school, the services, etc. When it happens, Covid-19 vaccinations will be mandatory too - hopefully more vaccines will be also created (they are working on one for flu) and we can get rid of unvaccinated deniers who are among other things the reason that variations exist and will in the future. Polio, smallpox, and many other scourges have been eliminated thanks to vaccines. “Google experts” are a big reason for the stress and sadness here in the US these days; people who somehow think they can do ‘research’ by googling stuff and that their results are ‘science’.

2 Likes

As a person at high risk I personally would choose not to allow ppl into my house, I would also get a vaccine because the risk vs reward says that’s just smart. But where do we draw the line? So many ppl are scared to the point they don’t enjoy life for fear they will die. I’m sad for them is all I’m saying. I was there as well for 6 weeks because my husband has diabetes.yes, he is vaccinated and I don’t blame him for his choice. Without being vaccinated, even with diabetes he has a greater chance of surviving Covid than he does a car accident. Yes, There is a greater risk of ppl getting into a car accident and dying yet we don’t leave the car parked in the garage.
Im not telling anyone what they should or should not fear, everyone makes choices based on their own comfort levels…I respect that. I’m just sad what has happened to those with such fear of dying that they don’t live their lives fully

Sell you a paragraph, really cheap…

JF

2 Likes

Really? I’ve not met anyone like that. Being cautious doesn’t equate with being scared. But I’ve read many comments like yours- accusing those who prefer to remain cautious of living in fear, or cowering in their basements.

6 Likes

Who are you to say someone else has fear?

I rode a Harley on and off for 10 years. I rode without a helmet because I don’t live in fear of dying. What I do live in fear of is a long protracted illness that results in my torturous death or a lifetime disability. I live in suspended animation if the threat is unknown. Meaning I take a wait and see approach. Covid is enough of an unknown that I was personally careful and I want others to be careful because a protracted pandemic affects all aspects of society. It annoys me that those who value their personal freedom over the safety of the society are making this worst than it has to be.

5 Likes

You just admitted you live in fear. Y’all have a type of Facebook here where all who disagree with someone’s point of view jump on to it to say that person is wrong. Everyone has their own perspective and their own beliefs.
My view is as valid as yours so just stop the gang up type of bs.

1 Like

Yes, of course. We all do, you do too. What’s in question is what one fears. Everyone has the freedom to choose that for themselves as long as they don’t endanger others.

LOL.

1 Like

Well that’s where you are wrong…telling me I live in fear. I’m not afraid to die. I have not just rode on a motorcycle without a helmet, I’ve hung off an airplane flying high in the sky and let go with no one on my back three times. It was the most amazing thing I’ve done in my life. Why??? I know I have a place in heaven once we are done living here in hell, aka earth.

Please reconsider this.

I’m sure skydiving was an amazing experience. Done correctly with the proper equipment it is relatively safe.

Please don’t say you did it while you considering it
a life endangering experience and gave it no thought that you might get hurt or die
thus leaving your family with massive medical or burial bills, or caring who’s going to care for your family, or the pain your accident or death would cause the people who love you because you know there’s a better life waiting.

If you really weren’t afraid to take unnecessary risks with your life because of being Heaven bound, I challenge you to reconsider this self-centered point of view and consider how it fits with your faith, love of family & love of God.

What you call fear is what most people would consider sensible precautions because we aren’t living just for ourselves. We have people who depend up on us, who love us & who we love.

I believe there is a better life after death. To use it as an excuse to behave without thought or caring as you stated you did speaks volumes.

2 Likes

Oh, okay. Now I see where we fundamentally differ, not that I’m surprised.

3 Likes

Please state your source. I don’t think Hell is described in Luke, Matthew, or Revelations as being on Earth.

We were not promised an easy Earthly life. There are times most Christians will feel forsaken by or angry at God (I know I have)but difficult, impossible times are not everlasting Hell.

2 Likes