F*ck Location Rating

@jaquo lol! i watched that show…Faulty Towers, right?? With John Cleese. BTW, I just received a 4 star rating on my location even though I have the review guidelines printed out and put on the Master bed. Should I put them somewhere else so they’ll read them? Maybe a huge poster???

1 Like

@Allison_H I just watched the video of some kind of Airbnb meeting ( it was on my dashboard?) with some big wig who said that the review system is “under review”…it’s the word “location” that’s the problem. i know what Air is trying to do, but the word is misleading. There’s my rant.

Sorry for late replay, but what I think Airbnb does is make suggestions for similar listings, but does not take into account distance. Sure, we might have a similar listing to one in Cambridge or Salem, but we’re 50-60 miles away! So when I get a same-day booking at 5 pm from someone partying in Salem on Halloween but who texts about 2 hours later to say “we’re too far away,” it’s a bit annoying. Had I known they were in Salem, I might have said something, but because of Instant Booking, guests usually just say when they’ll check-in, but give no indication they’re almost 2 hours away.