Extra charge for guests

Our new listing shows no charge for extra guests. We have 2 bedrooms with 2 people allowed per bedroom. I do not understand the extra charge. On someone searching we come up as “no charge” for extra person. If they have 2 kids we will give them the 2nd bedroom for $20 each kid. We do not want to have any more than 4 people at any time. We charge $85 cdn base rate for the night whether 1 person or a couple sharing the same bed.

To permit one or two guests for $85.00 per night and $20.00 for each additional guest up to four; you need to add a $20.00 additional guest fee after two guests. You also need to set your maximum number of guests at four.

So that means that we only get $40 for a whole additional room? I can see that for children but for an additional couple shouldn’t they pay the full room price?

You can charge what you want – per person – for the extra bedroom – $20, $40, $60. But a couple with two children isn’t going to like paying $60 per child per night…

If you want to charge less for a family with children than you do for four adults you will need to create two listings. If you have two price structures based on whether or not the occupants of the second bedroom are children, I guarantee that you will have many confused guests and that you will have to modify many reservations. As children are known to make just as much of a mess (if not more) than adults, I recommend that you don’t price by age.

2 Likes

Have you considered listing both rooms at full price and sending the 2 adult/2 children guests a “special offer”or booking alteration request for the reduced rate?

You can mention it in your property description that 2adult/2 children (under 12) rentals will receive discounted pricing.

That way it doesn’t affect your regular unit pricing.

@EllenN is correct. Children are messy. My guests had 3 children under 7 years of age. I didn’t know it was possible to leave as many sticky fingerprints on EVERYTHING as they did. I enjoyed the kids; just surprised at fingerprints.

I don’t know why they don’t fix that. It’s been bugging me for years. I just put in the max… $399 for each extra guest! :rofl:

2 Likes