Exterior Photos and Other Oddities

Sometimes being in a condo makes things easier. 198 condos. 23 buildings. Find Anne!

1 Like

I would definitely not rent to someone so rude. You did the right thing. They would not have treated your property better that they treated you.

I would never accept such a rude guest. I do have at least 2 exterior photos of our Airbnb and 2 families in the region came and rang our door-bell and asked to book directly with me. One family has a daughter who needed 3 nights every 2 weeks for her tertiary studies. The other was coming to start her first job (for the Inland Revenue!) nearby and the delivery date of her brand-new rental apartment (property of the Inland Revenue) would be late. I simply turned them down because I didn’t know them at all. Finally, the first young lady booked through Airbnb for her first stay then there came the covid-2019, lockdown, curfews… and school lessons went online. The other did reserve via Air also and stayed for more than 3 weeks in June 2019 at a discounted Covid rate. So if you don’t want potential guests come to your door, don’t post outside photos. But even if they come, you can always refuse them.

I show outside photos - many - and the cover shot/first photo of my listing is a photo of the whole house from a perch nearby. I also show photos I took from a small plane, showing the whole house and its location.https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1722082/. We rent the northwest wing of the house to guests. There are two more rooms - the Great Room which includes the kitchen and dining area, and the bedroom suite on the SE opposite of the house. I feel it is important to place the house in context for prospective guests who need to know this is wilderness and on top of a mountain. It is one of my self screening devices, including saying there are bears, mountain lions, rattlesnakes, mice and ticks. Also saying that reliable transportation is necessary to get here, and sensible shoes are required. We are definitely not disability friendly, nor OK with small children or pets.
We are in residence full time, and are at home 100% of the time that guests are here. That is a requirement of the county ordinance as well as just common sense.
Anyone with an attitude would not be welcome. So far, all our guests have been marvelous.

2 Likes