Experienced hosts : best Airbnb hacks?

Here’s the story about the router security. Geeks, please comment. :smile:

Sorry, what I wrote above is wrong. I’m not giving anyone the actual password, I meant I’m just giving them access to a flat screen with the Netflix app where I’m already logged in. This way they can watch Netflix, but they cannot take any details from me (I had to check my Netflix now to find out…hehe) Sorry about the confusion :smiley:

1 Like

I also pay the extra $5 or so to have four Netflix viewers streaming at a time… my parents use it, and I use their cable tv logins for things like HBO and Starz in my Airbnb bedrooms (one has a Roku and the other one has an Amazon Fire stick, I use Apple TV in my room!)… I get a lot of business travelers, not vacationers, so I think they like having tvs in their rooms…

1 Like

I have no TV, no Netflix… people still want to come. Before I confirm a reservation, I send to a guest a letter:

"let me make sure you know
– We are in the middle of a forest 15 miles south of Lancaster City
–The forest is quiet, tranquil and lovely, but there is nothing else to do here
–There is no TV (well, there is ONE channel, but no cable with 101 channels)
–We have wifi but it’s a slow speed broadband (we live with it!)
–Finally, as our description says (but we know that everyone doesn’t read all of that), the “bed” is a futon (and it’s between firm and hard; one guest didn’t like it) and there is no air conditioning (although the suite is in the lower level, which is half underground (like a cold cellar) and we run a dehumidifier nonstop, and it does stay cooler than outside).

So, if you are still interested, sent us a message through Airbnb and we will accept your request."

An answer usually is: " That exactly what we need - only nature and it is".

2 Likes

I have a friend who lives in a different state and is on a very fixed income, she was so very thrilled to get her own profile on my netflix account, as she can’t afford cable! I actually share the cost of the netflix with a friend and her child, one 6 month period I pay all the bill, next 6 months, she pays :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am that explicit also. I spell everything out. I have a selfish reason however, I hate whiners and complainers; I do find it very small. In turn, I do try my best not to give anyone any reason to whine or complain.

2 Likes

I have self check in and it’s a dream!