Entitled guests

thank you, they did leave yesterday, and I’m waiting 48 hours before cleaning. Good information about asking suspected Covid guests to leave.

1 Like

I’m not and I consider myself extremely fortunate in that respect. And I do have sympathy and understanding for hosts in those circumstances.

But as was pointed out many times when hosts were screaming about all their bookings being cancelled back in March, str rentals aren’t really a guaranteed income, as all sorts of unanticipated things can happen. For instance the powers that be making strs illegal in one’s area.

If I were a home-share host who was dependent on that income, and couldn’t come up with any other way to supplement my income, it seems like one could home-share safely during COVID if they went for a longer term rental with a guest who they were assured was taking all due precautions.

It just seems terribly risky to be having a constant stream of short term guests in a home- share at this time and certainly is contrary to slowing the virus spread.