Emails from Airbnb cannot go to inquiring guest's email. They go to express@airbnb.com which is undeliverable

We recently changed our Email address in our Airbnb account and we are now [only] receiving email reservation requests sent from Airbnb to this address and our text phone number. Our problem is we can’t reply to accept reservations anymore through our email requests. When we hit the reply button, it goes to “express@airbnb” which doesn’t accept emails. We can reply through our phone. We somehow lost our ability to reply directly through email as it does not have the guest’s Airbnb temporary email address which is “their name, a long string of letters and numbers, followed by @reply.airbnb.com”. This used to automatically happen when we hit “reply” to an email reservation request.

I’m not sure that I fully understand the question but if you want to email potential guests their Airbnb address is shown in the message system.

For a reservation request email, you need to click Accept/Decline button in the email first, and go to Airbnb to review it.

Basically, it is not a message but an offer and you can only answer Yes/No on the website.

But if your guest sends you a message and you receive an email notification, you can simply Reply the email and your guest will get your answer via Airbnb.

There is a small difference between a message and other actions like Reservation Request, Confirmation, etc.

Thank you for your reply. Here is a better explanation of our issue.
We recently changed our Email address in our Airbnb account and we are now [only] receiving email reservation requests sent from Airbnb to this address and our text phone number. Our problem is we can’t reply to accept reservations anymore through our email requests. When we hit the reply button, it goes to “express@airbnb” which doesn’t accept emails. We can reply through our phone. We somehow lost our ability to reply directly through email as it does not have the guest’s Airbnb temporary email address which is “their name, a long string of letters and numbers, followed by @reply.airbnb.com”. This used to automatically happen when we hit “reply” to an email reservation request.

Thank you for your reply. Here is a better explanation of our issue.We recently changed our Email address in our Airbnb account and we are now [only] receiving email reservation requests sent from Airbnb to this address and our text phone number. Our problem is we can’t reply to accept reservations anymore through our email requests. When we hit the reply button, it goes to “express@airbnb” which doesn’t accept emails. We can reply through our phone. We somehow lost our ability to reply directly through email as it does not have the guest’s Airbnb temporary email address which is “their name, a long string of letters and numbers, followed by @reply.airbnb.com”. This used to automatically happen when we hit “reply” to an email reservation request.

AirBnb is going to have to clear this up for you. I recommend calling them or using Twitter.

2 Likes

Exactly. This forum is a wonderful place for hosts to vent or to discuss specific hosting problems. But we are not affiliated with Airbnb. We all try to help as much as we can but for technical issues there’s nothing we can do other than sympathise. Please call Airbnb to resolve the problem.

Airbnb express is part of the relay address.
It’s similar to craigslist in that it creates a relay reply address consisting of the strings of letter and numbers you describe. You should be able to use it just like any regular email.

Hi @megconnor,

Messages from guests sent via the Airbnb messaging system have a From email address of express@airbnb.com, but the Reply-To address is different, and that’s what you want to use. The Reply-To address address is optional, of course.

Do those messages have a Reply-To address, and it is different from express@airbnb.com?

Thank you, Faheem, for responding to my issue. The guests’ emails do not now have the “reply to” option; however, until we made the switch to our new email address, there was always that “reply to” option, and it worked automatically. Now it is not an option on the incoming emails. Other responses to my issue have suggested I need to contact Airbnb technical people directly for help with this, and I am doing that today.

Thanks again, and have a great day!