Email to former guests

@Oded

Okay, we’re making headway! :smile: Now, all you need to do is identify to whom you are addressing your comment. Is it to the person whose post is just above yours or to someone else who posted earlier?

Because the owner of the rental asked for it? It’s not at all uncommon. If you want something in return like ability to post on Airhostsforum or information on checking into your rental you would provide an email. I’m sure you have plenty of email addresses and which one you use depends on who is asking for it. So what if you don’t get the notification of a discount for your next booking?

1 Like

I have business cards (and fridge magnets!) with direct contact details and give them to the ones I like offering a 10% discount if they book direct. They will also save 15% from not paying Air’s booking fee and it doesn’t cost me anything as I avoid their fee as well. One of my regular guests who initially came through Air but now books direct is currently downstairs cooking us both a fish curry and has a cold jug of vodka and watermelon cocktails ready! I should add it is 36C here today so curry and cocktails are perfect for hot weather.

6 Likes

We are legally required to report all guests to the municipality and keep a record of them for 3 years.

Our guests receive an email with an online check-in form where they can register themselves online. This saves a lot of time when they arrive. The online check in is send trough the channel email, but requires them to fill in a regular email address to complete the check in.

I would say that our current conversion rate is about 1 in 500, but increasing. We have a lot of our AirBnB guests returning but not the following year. Most of them skip 1 or 2 years.

And no need to give discounts, booking direct with us already saves them about 15% in fees.

In the early days of Air, all emails were displayed prominently for the use of both parties. Not sure when it changed over to the relay.

1 Like

That’s a very low conversion ratio. Is it worth your time?

Why do you think it is a very low conversion rate? I think have a wrong impression of the numbers in this business.

Social media, and email campaigns are not for a quick score, they are used to build a long term relationship with your guests and attract new ones in the long run.

I have about 2000 email addresses, we send about 3 mails per year. A newsletter is a days work, but generates about 2k in revenue.

Hi @Chris

In marketing terms you would expect a 1-3% return for unsolicited direct mail and a higher rate with direct mail where you have an existing relationship, so 1 in 500 for you is a very low rate of return.

It depends whether you think the rate of return ie profit on that revenue is worth investing a days worth of your time.

Email campaigns are normally about generating revenue rather than long term relationship building, but I agree it’s a useful secondary objective.

1 Like