Electronic locks- do you change the codes?

We send the code a couple of days before, but don’t put it into the lock until 2pm the day of check-in. I made an reminder on hubby’s Google calendar, so he takes care of it at the same time each day.

1 Like

Yikes! You really did dodge a bullet! Since I’ve taken the code off my listing, I send it within 24 hours of the guests’ arrival. Now I may rethink that and send it the day of!

I find guests tend to freak out if they don’t have it the day before. If possible to program the code around check in time, but send it earlier.

1 Like

It depends on the kind of rental you have. I message guests when they reserve and tell them I’ll send check in instructions on their day of travel. Almost 500 guests, zero freak outs. However, I rent a room to mostly one nighters, not a vacation rental to families planning their vacay around my accomodation.

1 Like

Just input the code the same day, but send it earlier. I suggest this because some guests are traveling without internet access or proper cell service.

We use the lower end locks by lockstate and have been happy for the most part. The quality isnt as good as some Schlage electronic locks we’ve used, but the company has been very quick to replace any locks that we had issues with in the past without question. The thing we like about these locks is that they’re wifi controlled, integrate with Airbnb, and can auto-generated new codes for each guest, as well as have them on a schedule so once the guest checks out, the code is disabled. The scheduling also prevents guests from waltzing in early unannounced which can be super frustrating sometimes, especially when doing maintenance and you ‘need’ that extra bit of time before your posted check-in time.

1 Like

Thanks- I will check those out!