Edit suggestion for bad guest review - review deadline today at 3:50pm EST

Hey guys. I’m looking for feedback/editorial review for a negative guest review I will be leaving today by 3:50 pm EST - the 2-week review cut off time. (name changed for privacy) Thx in advance:

BBB arrived for her reservation with more people than disclosed, then abandoned the apartment without providing me an opportunity to address her two complaints of cleanliness, and subsequently, the following day reported suffering a medical emergency as justification for her actions. Upon realizing my apartment could not physically accommodate more than 3 people, she contacted me attempting to be released from the reservation. She called me at 6:23 pm on the day of her check-in and stated the apartment was simply not what she was expecting, explaining there was no full-length mirror. I told her the apartment was provided exactly as advertised. She then raised complaints about the cleanliness of the apartment and told me they found food crumbs on the floor and that the bathtub appeared to blacken and requested a full refund from me. I explained to her that I have a Strict cancellation policy and that no consideration of a refund would be warranted until she sent me pictures of the issues via Airbnb, and provided me time to come view them myself and contact my maid. I immediately contacted my maid to return to the apartment and left my office early to meet the maid. Upon my arrival at 7:10pm, BBB had already departed and returned the keys. The maid was there waiting for me and informed me he saw a group larger than three people departing the apartment. Upon our inspection, we found some pink hard water stains on the shower head and discoloration in the tubs enable floor, and some old grout stains in various areas. We were able to fully clean and remove these problems in less than 5 mins. The next day, I was informed that BBB was now reporting having experienced a serve medical condition of an eczema attack as the basis for her request to be refunded. No explanation or documentation as to how an unused shower could cause an eczema attack, a pretty incredible story. BBB would be wise to only book with hosts who have Flexible cancelation policies so she could arrive and decide if the listing meets her expectations. I would never host BBB again and strongly advise against any future host from doing so as well.

1 Like

About 16 times too long. As far as the issues with your apartments, that’s no reason to cancel but it does sound like there was an issue. I’m not sure you want to call attention to your shortcomings.

4 Likes

Much too long and waffly.

Rather a cheek to come on here when you are right up against deadline and ask for immediate help.

As you only come here when you want help, rather than contributing to the life of the forum and offering help and advice to others, I’m not terribly inclined to jump to it and help you with an edit

Oh go on then I will. It doesn’t need an edit. It needs a rewrite :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Stick to the facts of what she did, don’t ramble into the case details.

5 Likes

BBB arrived for her reservation with more people than disclosed, abandoned the apartment without providing me an opportunity to address her complaints, and subsequently the following day reported suffering a medical emergency as justification for her actions. BBB would be wise to only book with hosts who have Flexible cancelation policies so she could arrive and decide if the listing meets her expectations. I would never host BBB again and strongly advise against any future host from doing so as well.

11 Likes

Sounds much better! …

3 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate your constructive feedback.

I had a 10 day back and forth with 4 different Airbnb reps dealing with issue & the guest demanding a refund. Thankfully they finally awarded in my favor - but the entire process was really tiresome and frustrating.

1 Like

I would prefer that you not include this inaccurate statement.

I have flexible cancellation and if someone cancels the day of arrival or during their stay they are not entitled to an automatic refund. They have to claim the place is not as described or claim extenuating circumstances, etc. Once the guest arrives it doesn’t matter which cancellation policy you have.

4 Likes

Oh, I wasn’t aware of that. I shall remove that statement prior to posting the review. Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

I noticed it too but thought it might be okay. Now without that statement it is a perfect review!

2 Likes

“Guest is better suited to a hotel stay.”

3 Likes