Edit my review of this guest

It’s not clear from your post. Did the guest have more time to stay with you but left early?

In any case I can’t see unless you have a very light cancellation policy why he would get any money back.

He stayed, upset other guests and neighbours and broke your house rules so shouldn’t have any grounds for a refund.

Have you called BNB and asked them why - also try them via their social media.

I mentioned earlier in this thread how it happened, I approached him and asked him to leave immediately and I volunteered that I would refund the second days stay. This was me trying to be a nice guy. As we also see in this awesome forum, being a nice guy gets you nowhere. And the quote that I gave you that he mentioned was never published because Airbnb only allowed Mine.

He is very belligerent in all his reviews of other hosts, and his reviews emphasize how the other hosts were not like hotels. I think this guy was looking for a party place, but cheap. I’m sure Motel 6 would love to see him next time

1 Like

Hi Rolf, I think what people are querying is why he got a’full refund’ etc and that if ABB have done this, it appears to have contributed to his aggression towards you given his feedback. A full refund means to me, even the night he stayed, and that ABB refunded the other 50% of the second day, despite him totally causing the cancellation of his stay. Hope that helps.

He did not get a full refund. He only got a refund of night 2, which he did not stay. He only stayed night one.

ABB told me I was totally ok to not refund anything, and they would pay for night 2, but I split it with them.

In hindsight, it worked out better for me because ABB looked at the review the guy filed and then hid it, and allowed mine to stand.

1 Like