Dust? What dust?!

I’m usually ok about Airbnb’s review/star system but what I absolutely HATE is the oh-so-helpful “Tell your hosts how you think they can improve” bit under different categories. So a very nice German couple who had loved us and our place and left a glowing 5-star review still said I can “improve” in these areas: Dust. Floor. Carpet.

Now, I admit that our tiled floor is a rather muddy beige which can look dirty even when it most decidedly is not, and the small rug was all of two weeks old and had only been cleaned once before they arrived But DUST?? Seriously? That dust that had been swept, vacuumed, swiffered, dusted and mopped just a few hours before you arrived? Those surfaces that I practically perform the white glove test on before guests come?

OK, Airbnb, I realise you’re just trying to be helpful … but you have to know this: THERE WAS NO BLOODY DUST! I can send dustless photos to prove it!

Phew, I feel a bit better now … anyone else find these “suggestions” helpful?

5 Likes

This reminds me of the American’s last summer that told me my original 1800s hydraulic tiles could look less worn and should be replaced!! Yes, they need to be re-sealed, but come on!!

1 Like

Same thing happened to me. Except my private feedback just said “dust” and I got dinged on cleanliness. I asked the guest to let me know where the dust was and never heard back. I have no idea what they were talking about

2 Likes

I had a similar review complaining of dust that wasn’t there. Bitch was very passsive aggressive in how it was worded, so I hope anyone reading the public review would take it with a pound of salt.

Exact same thing happened to me. They never responded.

After I read the topic lead line, it made me think of a house we stayed in in Kansas, the young couple had just bought this very nice house in a very nice neighborhood. So we had no problem with the room except was a bit stuffy, so I open the blinds and when I open the windows, there must have been a half an inch of dust on the window and exterior window sills. So then we went into the kitchen, and the couple had left for work. I went to warm up my hot water in the microwave, and it looks like something in a shared lunch room, filthy. And the countertops had all kinds of crumbs and drippings and puddles. The house was freshly remodeled, I can’t imagine what it would look like after a few years. And the couple was so sweet

1 Like