Dual ensuite. Yes or No?

In my college rooms everybody had a sink. All the guys peed in them at night rather than wander down the hallway to the toilets. A sign that someone was your BFF was when you let him pee in your sink when you were drinking in your room together. Or so I was told. :japanese_goblin:

Ooops!! Sorry Dusty. See my revised reply to Jess1. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes that is a critical factor.

Some of the reasons that we think that we would need to do it all at once are:

• Because it is external to the existing building, tying the roof into the existing building is one of the big costs and this would have to be done in the original build. All the plumbing and electrical would have to happen in the beginning.

• We would have to shut down AirBnB bookings again for that work to happen.

Just having a laugh.

When I added onto my guest room it was still in business for part of the work. They did some parts of the addition before they tore into the connecting wall. I just adjusted my listing and lowered the price making sure people knew what they were getting into. Of course that was back when I got 5-10 bookings a month so not that big a deal

Yep, to be honest once you’ve got the builders on site it won’t cost too much more to build 2 ensuites rather than 1. It’s bound to up the price a bit and more importantly get more bookings from a wider range of people. Go for it!

1 Like

RiverRockRetreat wins with best suggestion!
(you can collect your prize from JohnnyAir after 3.30)

3 Likes

This forum is becoming quite pricey. Already $10K for another ensuite and now prizes!

However:

Admission: Go big or go home was the deciding moment.

4 Likes

I was wondering if that was the case when I saw the layout. That is major work!

We just did that in January (our slowest time) for six weeks to put in another bathroom. I couldn’t imagine having guests here while that was going on with the noise and construction dust everywhere. For us, we converted an unused bedroom. It was easier because we had another bathroom above it on the second floor.

1 Like

I live in Australia too. My neighbours just replaced their front windows with double glazing and they cost $10,000 each. There is no cheap labour in Australia, or cheap materials.

1 Like

What on earth do they want with double glazing in Australia?

noise mebbe

Australia stretches from 10 degrees to almost 50 degrees of latitude. While some places get temperature of over 110 F others can be 0 F.

Our back neighbours are on a main road and have double glazing on their front Windows to reduce noise.

Of course traffic noise! I also had no idea Australians used Farenheight, it’s only old people in the UK. That comes out at -17 C?! We don’t even get temperatures like that in Scotland. I have only been from Cairns to Adelaide via a couple of internal flight stops, all seemed pretty hot to me, but it rained on Christmas Day in Adelaide.