Draft response to an odd negative review

Isn’t the wildlife part of the charm and experience of being in a wooded area? I personally would not trap the animals. I would explain to guests that they should be careful of garbage disposal in order to keep away the raccoons. If they don’t want to be exposed to wildlife, then they should stay in the city.

1 Like

yes that would upset me…no idea what a racoon sounds like…but if ur in the wood hey ho )

Yes, Americans should be grateful not to have to experience the scourge of drop bears. The occasional noisy raccoon is mild by comparison.

Happily–but a bit curiously–the offending review hasn’t shown up on my listing profile. I can only guess that Airbnb flagged and suppressed it as an outlier review due to the fact that the guest gave the bungalow five stars in every category yet capped his review with four stars overall. Details on outlier reviews (with which many readers here are likely already familiar): https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Airbnb-Answers-Protecting-you-from-one-off-bad-reviews/m-p/822623

I had to google them. Now I know :slight_smile:

JF

You live in the countryside in a wooded area - what the heck! I would expect wildlife! Otherwise I would book a more suburbia area - take no notice

I’m definitely in the no-reply camp but admit that sometimes I’ve felt like writing ‘Hahahahahahahaha’

:slight_smile:

Are you sure it’s not just at the end? Was the guest from a different country than you’re in?

Good point. For a long time I thought that only reviews written in another language went to the end but recently I found one from a German guest near the end but written in English, not her own language.

@jaquo Sadly I know this too well as we get TONS of Canadians…but then again I guess the Canadians are seeing their fellow countrypersons’ (is that a term, LOL?) reviews first and we keep getting more (Canadians that is). Because they are looking for totally different things than the American guests, said with a huge eye roll!!!

Yes, it’s one of those swings and roundabouts things - great for guests from other countries but not so good for us. That’s especially the case if the guest in question has stayed for the maximum period (27 days in our case) so it makes it look as though we had no guests, or at least no reviews for weeks.

I get loads of Canadians too but even more Europeans. Just this month I’ve had German guests, English, Finnish, French and in residence at the moment there are more German guests in one apartment and Swedish in the other.

1 Like

Strangely we didn’t get as many international travelers this past summer…a few but not as many as the summer before. We have seen more guests from China…I can’t see any pattern though so perhaps it’s just random. Being so close to the border we see tons of Canadians…and Californians. But thus far California is still the same country, LOL!

1 Like

2017 was a weird one for us - I think it was ALL American guests which was very strange. This year there are more Europeans escaping to the Florida sunshine :sunny:

Good call. He is from a different country (Canada), and I did find his review at the end of all my reviews.