Don't use AirBNB Photographers!

@jbphoto Yes, and I’ve read multiple accounts from hosts who said that not only were the photos they got terrible, the photographer was highly unprofessional - late to arrive, rude, showed up in a grubby tee shirt, had an “attitude” or even cancelled last minute when the host had blocked the calendar from bookings for that day and the previous one, driven 3 hours to their listing and spent an entire day making sure the place was photo-ready.

I had a paying guest stay here and he was doing photography for a real estate agency. He said he has also done Airbnb photos. I asked how much he would charge to do some for me. They wouldn’t be “official” but I figured they couldn’t hurt. He did a dozen photos of my place, edited them and I downloaded them from a thumb drive. He didn’t charge me. I changed my listing quite a bit since then so don’t use them but they were definitely a good deal.

I’m lucky. My husband was a professional photographer all his career. He shoots and edits all the photos I want.