Do you have your own website?

I did a website for my apartments and it worked fine.
I did it myself, and it took me around 3 days.
I had some prior wordpress experience, but nothing fancy.

Do you accept payment directly through the site and does you calendar simply link to AirBNB or do you do something else?

Looking at wix to build my own site, does wix give an email with domain name ?

When deciding on a name do you use something specific to your location or just accommodation in Dublin, which would come higher in search results.

Did you consider a logo ? saw some really nice sites that will build you a logo for free.

I have done one site before for a voluntary group and when doing the SEO is was all english, my market is international, should you use words from different languages ?

Thanks

I am a web designer in Minneapolis, MN. So, I would like to give you the answer like this:

have you found it useful in increasing visibility and bookings?

Yes, sure! website is very helpful tool for you to increase your visibility on internet.

did you design it yourself?
yarhā€¦I am a web designer, So, I have designed my website.

would you like to share a link?

Sureā€¦how can you promote your website, or increase visibility if you donā€™t share your website or links?
what software did you use, and what hosting site?
I have used Wordpress for CMSā€¦and Blue host for hosting.

Hope all these answer is helpful for you.

And now we can make that three posts about a paid service.

hi, if I donā€™t pay for domain on wix, what will my website name be?

Hi guys,

If you are searching for the best and affortable solution to create your own website. take a look at : beyondbooking on google.

They create user friendly, mobile, trendy website for airbnb listing. They advice you on some core steps to increase your direct bookings.

Cheers !

1. have you found it useful in increasing visibility and bookings?
    Of course, itā€™s a commodity to have your independent website. Tomorrow Airbnb will change the game rules, then what? you should have your own independent website you can control in any way. Moreover, when you start optimizing it for local keywords, its visibility increases significantly.

2. did you design it yourself?
    No, I use WordPress - itā€™s a free CMS that allows to choose a free or paid ready-made template and then choose a plugin that will drive online bookings. all the things around $300 (including hosting and domain). You can actually read more about WordPress for hotels and bnb - google wordpress-for-hotels-an-effective-alternative-to-increase-direct-bookings

3. would you like to share a link? what software did you use, and what hosting site?
    Yes, 1. wp org - itā€™s a free WordPress software

4. hosting any recommended by wordpress - bluehost or side ground wordpress hosting

5. Either motopress hotel booking plugin or, to cut expenses, their villagio theme (itā€™s a design and booking plugin suite)

1 Like

Ok, @Steven1 we got it. Please stop spamming the forum.

Hi im new to this site and im quite interested in everyoneā€™s idea .I had a guy design a website for my cottage and robot tour ,he done it through wix .Im having trouble with the respond to an enquiry on wix .hope he can get it sorted because its starting to add up in money which im hoping it pays of .
I still have it on airbnb and booking,com
IHe has a few issues but maybe you could have a look and see what you think.
www.kaiweraretreat.co.nz

I just clicked on a bunch of the links and almost zero worked.

I am a web developer and designer, and in the beginning, I definitely wanted my own site to promote. I could, without a doubt, make it myself and accept bookings through it.

The reason I decided not to do it is because of the paperwork and insurance involved. I donā€™t want to have to do the legwork of collecting peopleā€™s personal info and government ID. I also donā€™t want to have to fill out leases, nor do I want to have no one to support me if I have a bad guest or a party groupā€¦ It seems easier to deal with someone else for this stuff. I have had ā€œeasyā€ groups for the most part, but I would imagine people booking directly might be more likely to be trying to skirt the system because they donā€™t want to provide real identities or whatever. I am not the best customer service person, itā€™s kind of a weak point for meā€¦ so I donā€™t think a website would be beneficial unless I had a partner.

I donā€™t see much of a point of a site if people canā€™t get pricing and book throughā€¦ Might as well just link your social (which I am sure will only get one click or zero) to Airbnb if your site provides no functionality other than a gallery. Maybe you can take an affiliate cut on the other end too if you had it set up that way.

The only reason for the site would be to cut the service provider out and be able to provide the place without service fee incurred by yourself and the customer, perhaps make a little more for yourself. Youā€™re never going to get any people going directly to your website though. How would anyone find it unless youā€™re buying advertisements all over? which costs money, or if youā€™re some kind of influencer with a ton of followers or paying those people to promote it? Sounds like a lot of effort and cost for little return.

1 Like

I get direct bookings through my website.

Google adwords, yes it costs money but in the long run more clicks = more visibility so less money will be required. Businesses need to advertise I do not see the problem with that.

It is not hard, I have guests send a pic of ID

I would rather NOT depend on, or have to ask permission from AIr, or worry about a bad review for exercising my right as a business owner to kick someone out of my cabin for breaking the rules.

Different strokes for different folks I guess

RR

3 Likes

I do not see a way to book directly. Make it easy for guests to book, people do not want to wait around for a response.

RR

Thank you for your informative post.
I just got my domain secured. Was talking to my daughter and said I saw the name was available and she jumped on it and within 15 minutes had it set up for me for around $20 annually?!
Pretty happy about it but was wondering about not having the security of AirBnB insurance etc. then realized people host all over the world through their own web pages. Mine needs a bit more work and with lock down my daughter will be able to finish it off for me.

I just took a quick tour of it and seems okay to me.
Wow, love that aerial view of the fields. Beautiful. Also the ethical way you are managing your operation is a nice touch.
Are you able to go in and edit at your leisure or does this person have to do it for you for a fee every time? I have no idea how this works. I just got my website started so am new to this.
I couldnā€™t see any pricing ?

Whatever works for you. I donā€™t rent too much so I donā€™t see it being worth it for me personally. if I had multiple properties and this was more of a ā€œjobā€ for me, sure, Iā€™d put in the effort.

1 Like

Weā€™ve had our own website for upwards of 20 years. This allows us to take direct bookings and to promote our site on social media sites. Also depending on the type of place you have, you can establish a google business page. We have a booking site that we link to with an availability calendar so guests can book online. I have our policy terms embedded on the booking site and this way all reservations are in writing and guests must agree to our terms. Also, you can upgrade your membership for the online calendar and it links your calendar to airbnb or any other site through ical links. This way you only need to keep your own calendar updated and no other site. Once your ical links are active, your calendar is updated on every other site. This really helps not getting double bookings. As soon as you get a booking from a site, you need to make sure to update your calendar. The company that designed our website is Acorn. They did a nice job and were not too expensive but it was a ton of work invested. They use Wordpress as the software.
Itā€™s a nice option to be able to take direct bookings. Last year almost all my reservations were made direct. That means no commissions paid. Also, you have more control with direct bookings and you are not at the mercy of "extenuating circumstances. " Bookings through ABB can be a bit more streamlined and airbnb provides certain protections so that is a nice option for many. For reasons Iā€™m not sure about most of my recent reservations have been coming through ABB so maybe there are just more people going that route. I do not link to ABB on our website.

We donā€™t have our own website for STR. I wish we did. When/if STR becomes viable for us again, maybe weā€™ll do that.

1 Like

I have the same type of listing the plan was if someone wanted to book they would contact me so i didnā€™t get doubled booked through airbnb and bdc.
Im having all sorts of trouble with gmail going through outlook it takes hours to get emails to come through.

If i need to do any changes the guy has to do it .

I always wanted my own site too. Have only been at AirBnB for a couple of years and 40 + group/family stays.
A local small vineyard said they could do custom labels for the wine I buy for my guests. Then I went on to Google, looked up the name I gave my house and viola - - nothing showed up. So my daughter registered it for me and we are just working on it now.
I like all the reasons that LenoxHillHost cites for having a website.

Your response to my email was within the hour! But glad you got it fixed.

What Airbnb insurance? You mean their bogus 1 miilion dollar guarantee, or the security deposit they donā€™t actually hold and release unless the guest agrees?

3 Likes