Do you have locks on room doors in the house?

if i share our house anyone then i change the door lock

A soundproofed door that padlocks from the outside. Faheem, that sounds like the beginning to a trip I don’t want to go on! :fearful::grin:

4 Likes

We’re in an old house too and letting three rooms on Air. No locks on bedrooms, only bathrooms, and no one has complained as yet. I give guests a front door key which seems to keep them happy, although the door is only locked when we’re out or overnight. I would be loathe to have to install locks on lovely old doors.

Give them this fork and tell them to lock the door when in. Problem solved!

I’ve been hosting for 7 years and I can say in that time, 3 guests have locked the bedroom door when they go out -there is a lock, but they all choose not to. (In Italy most all bedrooms have locks)
I have a guest now that locks not only the bedroom door -but the bathroom from the outside -
its strange, but, whatever…she is very sweet, its just a cultural thing, I think.
The kids and I leave all our doors open/unlocked.

I had a lady from China stay for a week. I give guests the option of locking their door if they want. Some do, some don’t. But this lady would lock the door when eating breakfast, lock when getting fresh water, lock it if talking to me in the house, using her bathroom, even brushing her teeth and she locked herself in at night.
She was going to stay in a family home for 8 months as an English student, I did tell her that she probably won’t have a lock on her door, she nearly had a heart attack when she arrived to her host family and she had no lock