Discount ? Hell No!

@Elyse, I so love this reply :rofl:

How much you want to bet that they don’t work in these occupations? To posture like that when trying to negotiate, when it undermines their position, makes them come off as naive and likely not in any careers with fiscal responsibility.

3 Likes

Agreed! Also, aren’t they aware that not many people like investment bankers?? I once knew a girl who did something in the finance arena and she used to tell people she was a kindy teacher.

1 Like

If I was willing to take less for my place, I’d price it less.
If the price is out of your budget, go find something not as nice that is within your budget.

1 Like

How do you block people from making further requests?

I haven’t been asked for an Airbnb discount in years. It’s probably a function of usually having a one night max stay, people being on road trips and my town being cheaper than other towns along the way. So they are paying $75 a night with fees here but $100 a night in other towns along the way.

I am asked for discounts in the dog business infrequently but when it happens I say “I can fill all my available spots at full price.” If I discount it’s only a known client dog and it’s a desirable booking for some reason. I’d use the same statement with an airbnb guest. Like if one wanted a discount for a longer stay I’d just say I can get booked enough to make the same amount but with fewer days.

1 Like

you can report the guest and then block, there is no option for blocking for requesting a discount, but you can choose scaming or harassing and then block

I was just thinking in general that if somebody came across as undesirable, is there anything I can do. Thank you for your help

In what way?

I don’t have a specific example. I was simply surprised that it was even possible. So I just wondered what the mechanics of it were. I guess what I mean is if I wanted to block somebody for whatever reason. And I think someone has answered that. I appreciate your being willing to help answer my question.

1 Like

In over a 1000 AirBnB guests, I blocked 2 or 3.

Mostly people that kept harassing us about a bad review we gave them.

There is a system in your calender where you can give last-minute or early-bird discounts.
I have it on 2 of our listings, where there is a 10% discount 7 days out, to try and fill my gaps.

Inflation is rampant everywhere in the world. Hosts/Hotels have to increase their prices around 15% to compensate for the increased cost. I think travel and tourism will have a problem again next year.

On the positive side, inflation is good for you DTI (Debt to Income ratio).

I would say “please understand that my booking prices are adjusted to seasonal demand. I do not offer discounts and feel that the price advertised is a fair value given the market and demand.”

Asking for a discount is a red flag and warning of the type of guest you would be getting. Say no and direct them to a part of your town that is cheaper rent!

1 Like

Report to airbnb and have them read the harassment in the portal and then block. It would be helpful if you sent an note to them in the portal to contact airbnb if they have any further concerns and then if they continue to write to you, it is harassment.

Agreed. Listed price is the best price!

I offered a discount on Air -20%. One of our best guests showed up, a very interesting lady. She direct booked again at the discounted price… but that’s ok! (She already invited to loan me the keys to her Italian villa…!)

1 Like