Disconnecting router due to EMF issues

I’m not worried about it, I just know it affects me. I’ve gotten used to the background noise and love it when I find the tiny little places in the world where it goes away.

1 Like

I was worried that someone might try to disconnect the router or modem so I “hid” them so someone would have to be pretty determined to find them. I also have them in a place that I have access to, even if the guests are still in the unit. That way, if they “over stay” or try to take advantage of local landlord/tenant laws or eviction moratoriums, I can disconnect myself or change the password so they no longer have internet. That may persuade them to get out!

2 Likes

Have you considered moving to West Virginia? We have a National Radio Quiet Zone near the Greenbanks Observatory where EMF is restricted.

“ The National Radio Quiet Zone (NRQZ ) is a large area of land in the United States designated as a radio quiet zone, in which radio transmissions are heavily restricted by law to facilitate scientific research and the gathering of military intelligence. Roughly half of the zone is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of west-central Virginia while the other half is the Allegheny Mountains of east-central West Virginia; a small part of the zone is in the southernmost tip of the Maryland panhandle.”

There’s no cell phone coverage, the only phones are landlines, and there is no WiFi, only dial up internet. Many people who are sensitive to EMF have moved there. It’s a lovely area and real estate is cheap, compared to most of the US.

I spent some time there this past summer due to my dog—he hates fireworks and the area is just all around quiet in general with no major metro areas and only a few small towns (most of them small enough they don’t have fireworks displays) in the whole area.

An added benefit of the remoteness was that the night skies were pretty amazing!

1 Like

When I just stayed with my daughter up in Canada, it was frustrating that she didn’t have Wifi. It is totally available where they live, but she has done a lot of research on it, and she didn’t want a router in the house with their 1 and a half year old. They do use the cell connection on their phones for data, but she also keeps the phones away from where the baby is.

They just built an outbuilding- a darkroom for my son-in law’s photography/guest room, so they will get a router soon and put it out in that building.

This always seems to be included when somebody who has no idea what they’re doing googles a few things and then makes life decisions.

Maybe there should be a national tin hat zone as well, so when people who have no backgrounds in the fields that they are so-called researching have a place where they can move and be amongst their fellow conspiracy theorists and google scientists. As we have seen with abortion and vaccination, when you get more than a few of these “experts” together, bad things happen…

At least so far, the no EMF folks aren’t imposing their choices on others. As long as people are only making choices that affect them and aren’t hurting anyone else, that’s fine. When they disconnect my router, then we have a problem.

5 Likes

You need to put the router in a locked closet so no one can tamper with your equipment or cameras. This is especially important if someone holds over or squats. You want to keep control of your home and equipment and be able to turn it off, if need be or keep it on (which you can’t do if guests have access to it.) And yes, let other hosts know what this person did. I would want to know and would not want to rent to them.

2 Likes