Disability aids for hosts - would they put off guests?

Or possibly trochanteric bursitis, lateral hip pain radiating down the outside of the thigh etc etc. I had my right hip injected with steroids but it did little to help. General degenerative arthritic wear and tear of the aged variety! I can’t sleep on that side which helps avoid the snoring beast next to me…

1 Like

Sorry! I’ve been hearing to much about David Cassidy’s demise… How on earth did you manage with all that and a new born; heroic! And I am always grateful that I stayed relatively healthy until my late fifties. Physio, pilates, and the red stuff. Would swim but no local pool sadly.

Off topic but I turn 60 in a few days. I’ve also been quite healthy but since the first of the month have been feeling old (and poor.) I’m having $5000 in dental work done. I went for my annual check ups the Dr. says I’ve got high cholesterol and borderline high blood pressure. Both are at the level where I’m going to try natural methods before meds. Here comes meditation, yoga, hibisus tea, coenzyme Q10, more exercise. I should have gone this summer when I was remodeling my house.

Sorry to hear that @KKC

A diet high in oily fish with lots of vegetarian dishes can work wonders if you have high cholesterol. Think an amazing Mediterranean diet with lots of olive oil, grilled fish, garlic, ratatouille and of course a glass of wine or two.

Thanks for your kind words and advice. I consider myself to be very lucky all things considered. Just being able to afford dental work, get check ups and all the tests the Dr. would like puts me in a privileged class.

I have not been in for my check up for years. Your post reminded me I should go.

Old age is not for the faint of heart. Not that I think you are old k9.
You have some built in exercise opportunities, taking a few of your dog guests on walks!

(I wonder if dealing with some bad guests this year will raise my BP?)

I’ve always had to go in because I have hypothyroidism and the Dr will only authorize the RX for a year. I’ve stretched it out to sometimes 2 or 3 by going to Mexico for my meds but there’s no need to take chances with my health since I’ve had insurance through my job.

Red clover is supposed to be very good at reducing high cholesterol, good luck.

1 Like

Feel poor perhaps, but not old. 60 is my mum’s 40. If you go down the meds route eventually for BP, don’t let them fob you off with the first thing offered. I was allergic to amlodopine and had to shout loudly until believed. And coenzyme Q10 left me in the loo a lot!!!

Have a lovely birthday instead.

1 Like

Happy birthday, you! :clap::clap::clap::champagne::dancer:

1 Like