Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Database of guests you would rather not host?

You should have had the guest cancel and then provide the refund. Then they cannot leave you a review.

Depends on when they cancel. If they cancel less than 24 hours before check-in, they are prompted to leave a review. Which is obviously what happened in that case.

Good to know… I was not aware of this. If the guest did not stay, can you get Airbnb to remove the review?

Not usually, according to posts I’ve read.

BTW, I had a guest who did not stay. She cancelled the next day but she never checked in.

She contacted airbnb to ask for a refund as she did not stay. I told airbnb that she did not check in, and cancelled the reservation well after the deadline so no refunds.

Airbnb gave her as well as me an option to write a review. I asked airbnb if she will be allowed to write a review. They told me the review will be removed if she writes one. Luckily she did not write a review.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!