Daily: weekly: monthly price ratio?

I’ve just got rid of all discounts. Up to today, we have always discounted at least 10% or more on weekly stays as there is less laundry.

But with a bit of experience, I’d rather shorter stays, less guest time and more laundry.

I’m also in peak season going to try sticking to no kids. It will be interesting to see if we fill our place over the peak season without them since half our bookings were with kids this summer. But I really can’t stand accommodating a family as they stay in too much!

I’m a bit scared of losing business though. But I can’t see how else I can find out if we don’t try. A couple is our ideal volume of guest.

3 Likes

Try my wording:

“Two guests max. I provide ideal accommodations for a couple or single. Not a good fit for babies and toddlers, but I can take one older child and one adult.”

The only business you will lose is families, which you didn’t want anyway. The spots will be filled in with what you DO want. Couples or singles!

Really, Air is not a good fit for kids, because many hosts are sharing personal spaces that are not babyproofed. Unless it’s a kid friendly setting like DC offers, families are better off checking into the local holiday inn!

1 Like

I was asked for a month quote this evening. I knocked off $200 of what would have been my nightly rate x 30 days. I explained all the amenities it came with. No reply. I knew he was shopping me. I also forgot to tell him I wont go longer than 27 days in order to avoid his becoming a tenant, rather than guest., Thus a potential eviction. I dont want long term anyhow. Meh and blah!

1 Like

I think long-term stay inquiries are more common on the mainland than Hawaii. My max is three weeks, and it has to be someone I’ve really vetted. I don’t like them, I think they use more utilities and often you may get stuck with a bozo. You make much more on the short stays because you can charge the cleaning (assuming you do your own cleaning)