Creation of website

Blocked? How weird??

Yes, that’s what I thought too. I wrote to Sucuri but they were unhelpful. They said to ask the web site owner. But I wasn’t (and am not sure) who to contact. Any ideas? I attempted to “Tweet” to Home Escape - see
https://twitter.com/fhmitha/status/749535894445576192. No reply.

Block details
[…]
URL: https://www.homeescape.com/
[…]
Block ID: GEO02
Block reason: Access from your Country was disabled by the site administrator.
Time: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 14:24:18 -0400
Server ID: cp13006

I’m new to the forum and I hope I am replying correctly. I’ve only had one guest as of yet thru Airbnb. Most of my guests use Homeaway or Tripadvisor. I loves this forum though and have gained so many hosting tips and read about the things to watch out for as well.
I have set up my website using Lodgify. I find it very user friendly. I find that I am able to help my guests when they arriving with restaurant reccomondations and activities in the area. I created clickable links on the site so they can decided what they want to do even when they are on the go with their phone.

Can you give the link of your website?

Yes, sorry I forgot to include that. Its always a work in progress though.

http://www.junocovevillas.com/

Yes, I do agree with Jaquo .You can hire professional web designers for designing your website. Instead of choosing a template-based you need to prefer custom based website as it is more seo-friendly and gives more uniqueness. My friend hired a BBEX marketing firm for designing his business website. You can go through their website for more details regarding their previous work & prices. They usually design websites based on client requirements.

What is your opinion on Weebly @jaquo, as a do-it-youirself program?

Hi @Mearns,

Weebly is very easy to use and you can get a site together within a couple of hours. The great thing about it (and similar services) is that you can start off with the free version then upgrade later. So in effect, you can try before you buy.

You’d more than likely want to upgrade after a while to use your own URL. With the free version, your web address would be something like myisland.weebly (or the other way around, I can’t remember). For a few dollars a month you can upgrade to use your own domain name so your address would be ‘myisland’ (or whatever you choose for a domain) which is far more professional and worth the money.

Then there are other upgrades you can purchase too.

There are a lot of limitations with these services but they are a great starter DIY tool. Another advantage of Weebly is that, unlike some of their competitors, you retain the copyright of your content so when you decide to ‘go pro’ your designer can transfer everything to a ‘proper’ site.

I’d still recommend using a professional designer (of course :wink: ) but for a starter site Weebly will set you on the road to internet presence.

1 Like

Got cha. I upgraded to my own URL already, and good to know that the material is transferable when finally invest in the true professional level.

1 Like

Yes, that’s one of the disadvantages of Wix, where you can’t do that … as I discovered after I’d created the site!

Earlier this year I had a client who insisted that I use Wix. It was a start-up company and the owner had been dabbling with Wix, loved it and wanted me to build the company site there. She was adamant. I hated it!

These platforms are very user friendly and it’s quite simple to set up your vacation rental website. Just make sure of one thing, though, and that is that you’re able to accept online bookings!

Specialized vacation rental software is built for taking and managing reservations, but if you build your site with Wix or Weebly it’s likely you’ll need to embed a booking widget in order to take bookings.

You are getting really spammy…

1 Like

Hi @anon67190644 I’m new to the site and have seen so many interesting conversations and have a lot to share. My apologies, not trying to spam anyone :slight_smile: just trying to get up-to-date!

You are spamming. Please stop. There is a vendor lounge if you want to make a post about something to sell.