Creating a working QR code for my guidebook

I leave a ring binder in each room with info, and I am trying to make a QR code that will let guests go directly to my guidebook. I am finding that my codes (created directly off the link to the guidebook - using the web link) do not work and/or show many things, like the map link, as 404 errors.

I can give people the direct link to my profile page, where they can click thru the guidebook at the bottom, but was looking to provide a better result than having to say “go to my profile page here (xxx) and then scroll to the bottom”

Is there an elegant way to do this?

In Google Chrome, right click the page and click create QR code’.

Yes that works fine, but as I mentioned, on my phone the thing looks incomplete and I get this When I click on any of the pictures,

I just tried it for this very page and it was fine. Try it on a few other pages to test it.

Are you logged in on your phone?

the QR code is generated but it seems that the link it connects to is missing some photos and all the maps… is this a specific problem for the guidebook?

Where is your guidebook hosted? On Airbnb?

If so, consider creating a non-Airbnb specific guidebook and host it on Google Docs or something.

1 Like

your profile page has the link to make your guidebook.

If I understand correctly you are using the Airbnb guest book?

I think it can only be accessed through an active reservation so that means a direct QR code link won’t work. (Edit—opps just tested it. I accessed it from the listing home page. However I was on the Airbnb platform so accessing through Airbnb. )

Sounds like your best bet may be as @jaquo recommended to have a separate QR code accessible Google Doc.

2 Likes

I have QR codes on my postcards but they lead people to the airbnb listing. One for my guidebook (which is on Google Docs) is a good idea!!

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 10.07.19 AM

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 10.09.11 AM

5 Likes

@CatskillsGrrl I love the postcards! How did you create them?

I used VistaPrint.com - I was very pleased with how they turned out. In fact, I think it is time to order more.

2 Likes