Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

CRAZY change in "price tips"!

I check ABB daily, usually in the morning, I always change my calendar just a little bit, either adjusting a price, opening or closing a day. And I ALWAYS, do a quick check of the “price tips” for the next 3 months ( I don’t book out further than 3 months).

So, I have my house listed two ways as most of you know already.
One is the private room/bathroom, and one is the whole house.

Well, for the month of August, I liked the price tips they were suggesting for the weekends on the whole house rental, so I changed them all to reflect their price tips.

Important to mention that my home is just 30 minutes from a really popular place to be in August. Anyway, the price tips were between $134-$142 on the weekend nights and over $120 on weekdays.

All of a sudden this morning, the price tips for the whole house are, I’m not kidding…$90-$110!!!

I checked my private room listing, and their suggested price tips have stayed the same, $52-$62.
They are just CRAZY.

My 4 day reservation in June that got booked in April, I had the prices for the private room up to $74/night. Admittedly, there is an event happening in the area. And the woman who booked the private room for the July 4th holiday booked at that price also!

I will do more research tomorrow to see what others nearby are charging in that time frame. But has anyone else seen such a dramatic change?

I completely ignore all of their ridiculous price suggestions. They are meaningless.

5 Likes

Agree with @konacoconutz. We use Beyond Pricing.

1 Like
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!