Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Cover unsightly electric panel?

I have and I’m not finding anything but will do some more digging. Thank you.

We have a period travel poster (1940s artwork) in a cheap frame with a thin black plastic frame and cardboard backing - so very lightweight. It hangs over the electric panel to cover it. The apartment has been inspected twice in the last year or so - once when we had remodelling done and again for the local STR license. It was never mentioned as a problem.

For my SC rental a licensed electrician told me I couldn’t cover the electrical panel doors and couldn’t paint them due to code. However if I did paint them, when I go to sell the unit, I would have to return the panel to it’s original color.

In the condo I used to live in, while I was there, I hung a pretty light weight print (canvas over wood stretch frame-no glass, no edge frame) using a piano hinge on the side (no nails over breaker box—too many wires). If I did that in a rental, I would use a label maker and label it breaker box.

The picture can be easily removed.

Have fun being creative!

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!