Cops from another town broke into my AirBnB but it was the Wrong House…

That I understand. Not sure how they can combat that though, even if it was related to the AirBnB guest (which it isn’t).

That’s my point. I should refund it to the guest but as far as r legal case against the cops I also lost those discounts that I am letting the guest keep by refunding. The cops should be held liable to me and not get off Scott free in those discounts that are only realized when the guest actually stays (and I get the full discounted amount).

1 Like

Oh, and the interesting thing with that, too is that the first week we’re the more expensive days of the booking (by about $15/night). Cops should cover everything, regardless…we will see what they actually do…

Get a lawyer. Make them pay your attorney fees as well as other expenses. After all, if they don’t agree you will sue them, win, and they’ll have to pay anyway. The police dept’s insurance company WILL want to settle ASAP, but a lawyer can make sure they pay every damned penny, and they settle much quicker when your attorney writes the letter instead of you.

6 Likes

@Militaryhorsegal

I hope things are progressing in a way that is good for you. Do you have an update?

3 Likes

No updates at the moment. Definitely will as it progresses.

3 Likes