Constructive criticism about my listing wanted

OK, here’s some feedback based only on the photos

Retake ALL of the photos of the bedroom. It really looks like you were in a rush to take them or you took them while you were still decorating the room. The nightstand has no knobs in a couple of photos. The photos show 4 different configurations of “furniture” between the bed and the closet (refrigerator+hamper, something wooden/cardboard, hamper only, and nothing at all). I stayed at a listing recently where I realized the host had purposefully re-arranged the furniture between photos to make the rooms look bigger, and these photos remind me of that.

One side of the bed is bare tile. I don’t know about you, but I don’t like getting up in the morning an putting my feet on cold tile, and I assume that’s why there’s a rug on the other side of the bed. Sucks for the guest on that side. :slight_smile:

There is a photo of the bedroom with the closet door open that shows it’s full of boxes. Did you take that photo to show that there is no space in the closet for guests to use? If there is space for the guests to use, go ahead and show a photo, and if you can move those boxes somewhere else, do it.

There is a photo of an Echo Spot. There was a thread about how Echo devices would have to be disclosed as surveillance devices. Something to think about.

Retake the photo of the new refrigerator with the packing material still attached. Maybe you want to point out that it’s new, but it’s not going to be after the very first guest uses it.

There are two fundamentally similar photos of the new mattress so you can delete one.

Remove the ladders from the dining room and retake the photos, unless you store them there all the time. But if you do store them there all the time, stop it and find another place to store them.

I didn’t read the listing (just like any other guest, LOL), so my only other comment is this. Do you really allow 4 people in that 1 small bedroom? Think about having more than 2 people in that room for the 7+ day stays that you want to attract.

3 Likes

I stayed in a home recently with an Alexa device. It don’t think it was disclosed but I did mention it in my review. We loved it for having music to listen to when we were downstairs.

Thank you for all that! Great advice what to look for when I take the new photos! I didn’t move the furniture though I just added the refrigerator & hamper. Unfortunately the ladders do have to stay put until I’m finished remodeling… but it’s listed in the caption of the photo that you didn’t read echo spot is also listed they can simply unplug it. :rofl: I live in a condo I don’t have ladder storage. I do have small washable rugs I leave in the room if they choose to use them or leave them in the closet. Yes the boxes are gone… those are airbeds which are in the dresser in the closet along with linens now. :grin: Getting there! Thank you!