Considering making a USA coastal STR purchase?

#3 Murill’s Inlet is considered the south end of Myrtle Beach SC / Grandstrand

Check this out: https://evolve.com/blog/homeowner-tips/best-places-to-buy-a-beach-house

BTW HGTV Beachfront Bargain Hunt I think has featured all of these beaches except the one in HI. I really like that show. Most of the buyers mention they will rent their home when not using.

1 Like

I have HS friends who are in Pawley at Murrell’s Inlet. It’s gorgeous, tight rental market, very seasonal but becoming year-round get away.

It’s getting pricey but it’s beautiful. I’ve been considering a move there from Florida.

1 Like

If you use Facebook, you may be interested in joining a couple of Facebook groups as you consider a purchase.

Myrtle Beach Eats regularly shares information about the restaurants & boardwalk in Murrell’s inlet

Things to do in Myrtle Beach includes Murrell’s inlet activities

I like these groups because Oct-April traffic is reasonable and from North Myrtle, I can zip down 31 to 17 to be in Murrell’s inlet in 40 minutes. In other words “fun stuff to do” is easy to get to for a fairly large area.

Also you may want to join a couple of Murrell’s inlet community groups. The real estate market there is crazy. Realtors are doing “to be listed soon” postings and making viewing appointments before the property is listed. This gives people who are not local an opportunity to make arrangements to travel & see the property.

1 Like

Thanks. My friends there are a font of useful information and I’ve been doing some web development work there and am launching a SaaS product there soon (Software as a Service) in partnership with a local interactive media company.

There’s so much going on that I often think about moving to such a wonderful area.

Pocket listings are crazy down here, too. I have realtors calling me almost daily to do that for my property…

1 Like