Condiments for our guests

I had a similar experience. I noticed a yellow fat like substance inside the microwave. It took me a while to realize it was from the popcorn I provided. Therefore, no more popcorn. It was more work for me.

I got tired of chasing bits of popcorn with the vacuum as well as cleaning it out of the microwave. No more popcorn here either. lIve and learn.

RR

1 Like

Do guests not realize that when they go the diner the staff have refilled the salt, pepper, sugar, ketchup, etc. containers that are on the table?
I provide a lot of supplies; it has been good for me vis-a-vis ratings (I charge a little more than average) and return guests. But I got tired of throwing out partial quarts of milk and almond milk, I couldn’t finish it all myself. And the shelf-stable stuff is expensive. My solution was to buy 16 oz. glass bottles, put on some silicone water bottle sleeves so guests don’t inadvertently hurl them across the room, and add chalk labels. So they’re “cute.”
We’re so easy to influence, aren’t we? A half used quart of milk we might go “ewww” even if within sell by date, but a cute little labeled “individual” bottle is charming and special.