Comprehensive list of everything that could piss off a guest

Smells
Bugs
Too hot
Too cold

All very hard to pin down but occasionally guests do complain.

Hi Everyone!! New host, almost 1 month in. Love reading all the posts and I am learning so much!! I can relate to number 3 NOISY. my place is a basement suite and people up stairs have young children and 2 dogs so can get little noisy. Thankfully they are moving in 15 days.

1 Like

I had a guest complain that she had literally ONE ant get in her room (in the spring, you get a few sneaking in for a few days). ONE. I went right out and bought her an ant trap. So she dinged me on cleanliness (and left blood on a new bedsheet,which I didn’t see until after it had been washed and dried). Good times.

Another guest (for another property I was managing - a basement apartment) phoned me, freaking out because there was a spider in the basement. She’s Canadian (we’re in Canada). I’ve since added “Many of us have basements, they often have an insect or two hanging out. If you are terrified of insects, please don’t book accommodations in a basement.”

2 Likes

This is a bit silly but I’ve had several guests who just seem…

It’s not home. I don’t like it…waahhh! It’s your fault for being the fourth crappy European place on our list and I’ve had enough. My husband/wife booked this trip and I knew it was a bad idea. I just hate everything.

7 Likes

Ughhh. Guests. …

“The pub next door is very male”. Dover Rugby Club monthly visit.
“So many spiders”. It’s September, you chose a rural location.
“Oh, the smell is dreadful”. It’s September, the harvest is over and the farmers are muck spreading.

It is a bit pungent today though, and no wind. Luckily, I’m snoozing during the right week for muck spreading.

1 Like

Well, my last guests could have been royally pissed off insect-wise, when a centipede wandered into the flat! After the initial shock they identified it on google images, whatsapped the photo to me (I was in the UK) and said “We’re having a Nature Trail holiday!” And gave us 5 stars and a glowing review!

8 Likes

Right proper guests then!

Ah, sigh…

1 Like

I love up-beat people!

1 Like

Being in Australia we think it’s wierd when anyone is freaked out by any insect. We have 9/10 of the worlds deadliest creatures after all, bugs, roaches, ants are ummm everywhere. Move.on.

3 Likes

Love your Ozzie nature’s gifts stories! :rofl::rofl: Makes me feel so much better about Hawaii’s gifts! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like
  • you didn’t have any baking paper, glad wrap or foil and we had to buy our own
  • there was a single hair in the bath tub
  • your (Art Deco) building is old
  • too far from the city (we don’t proclaim to be in the CBD and are 6km out)
  • the neighbours had a party on one night of our week long stay and they were too noisy

We booked your place and noted the location, we didn’t like having to get back in the car to go out for dinner

You can hear traffic. Mainly because if you come from the city you hear traffic all the time, an endless drone. You hear traffic on our farm because it is so rare in the silence, Sorry can’t move the farm. Forget the gorgeous location on a billabong and paddling distance to the river. Yes there is a road so you can actually get there!

1 Like

To be fair, this super annoying if you offer a kitchen and short stays.

And I would find this gross, my guests leave hairs everywhere and if bathroom was cleaned properly it should be noticed in the bath tub…

Yes, it’s true about the traffic. On the rare occasion we hear 2 or 3 vehicles going down our road at the same time, we say “Oh, must be Rush Hour!” to each other.

1 Like

I had a guest complaining that my Melbourne apartment is not in Europe and gave me 4 stars because of that.

8 Likes

I literally lol’d at this

I too am in Melbourne and whilst it’s :+1: (no 1 worlds most liveable or city apparently) I’m a bit pissed :angry: it’s not NYC or Paris but never had that in a review!!!

I’d go with plastic flamingos …:rofl:

2 Likes