Coming to LA for the AirBnB open - woohoo

I think he means a a button that says ‘Book Now’ or "Book here’. At the top of your website you have three ‘buttons’: flyer, email tour, more info. You should add ‘Book Now/Here’ that links directly to your ABB page.

Thank you for the clarification. That makes perfect sense.

Where are you staying for the Open? I’m so curious.

1 Like

Hello J Wang. Actually, I must admit we are not staying at an AirBnB. Shame on me! We booked a package deal in at the Milner Hotel - simply because of the excellent Expedia price with our air ticket. Less than $100 per night. We did search for AirBnB’s in the area, but all seemed to be a distance away from downtown L.A. We didn’t feel like having to rely on taxis or metros to get around. It looks like the hotel is walking distance to all venues. Not overly worried as we wouldn’t have spent much time either at an AirBnB or hotel - purely a place to sleep!
However, we will be using AirBnB for the rest of our travels in the USA and Cuba.

3 Likes

Hi Oesmec. Yes. Asreala got it 100% right. I nice shiny red button so it is obvious this is what you want the guest to do. Limit their choices. Help steer them as to what to do next.

We also have a product called the BookingButton here in Australia (worldwide?) which is through the Siteminder platform. No affiliate link by the way. It is this button I use to take direct bookings. Will post a screen shot of what it looks like when it is finalised.

Naw, don’t have to feel guilty. I’ve never stayed at an Airbnb and probably never will. I prefer the anonymity of a motel or fun hotel like the Milner, which is a scream. I know you’re going to be very busy at the convention, but if you get a chance go have lunch or dinner at Clifton’s Cafeteria. It’s very near your hotel.

Or with Mr and Mrs KardashiWest? Barf!

Also, as an aside, I have always detested those ziplines. Why do they have to put them in some of the most gorgeous spots on the planet that do not need these intrusive set-ups marring the natural beauty of the landscape? The 2nd most annoying tourist trap gimmick are those damn Segway things. Why can’t these tourists just walk?

2 Likes

I agree. They tout them as being an environmental experience but they are anything but. They have to build these platforms in pristine jungle areas… Plus there is usually a monster hummer type vehicle you ride in to get up to them. Tearing up the roads. Plus the zip itself. It’s just boring. There is all this locking and unlocking that has to be done… There are as many as 12 guests on each trip so most of the you are just waiting for the others to either zip or to be latched or un latched. Plus they are dangerous. A friend of mine recently shattered her hip and legs by crashing into the platform. There was also a worker killed when the platform he was helping to set up collapsed.

Quite a few here have opened and closed. I think it may be the adventure du jour. When you have seen one you’ve seen them all.

1 Like

So glad you agree. And what you said about the Hummer transport is so true! And then there are the Hummer tours I see in our SoCal desert in the Palm Springs area. They load a bunch of fat a…holes into a Hummer and then drive all over the hills, tearing them up and crushing delicate habitat for very delicate species of plants and animals. I cringe when I see them.

1 Like

@J_Wang nearly forgot you. Here is the link I discussed with you some time ago re my own website. Appreciate any feedback. Www.clyderivercottage.com.au

Wow, your place looks amazing! What a great setup. The cabins look inviting and rustic, just my style. But are you in Australia or Canada?

Australia. By the way, just one cottage. A converted garage.

Oh heck, I got the wrong web site. I’ll check again…

Does this mean my place is not amazing, a great setup or inviting and rustic? :open_mouth:

I haven’t found it yet. Hang on…Wow it’s amazing. I want to be there right now. You have done an amazing job of creating a lovely place. The web site is perfect too. Presents it all very well. Good on ya, as they say :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we’ve all been influenced by too much Trump talk lately. :smile:

1 Like

Y•U•G•E

must be some number of characters and YUGE.

1 Like

Sobbbb… Need I say more…???

1 Like

lol…the first amazing was for the place I mistakenly thought was his. It was on the Clyde River–but in Canada!

AND, his place in Australia is amazing–TRUMP isn’t. :)))))))))

Here’s your competitor: campground near the clyde river canada