Co-host payments will only go to host starting August 1st

Here is the email I received today, and the email that my co-host also received. Since there have been a few topics on looking for co-hosts, I thought I would post the emails.

Hi host,
We want to let you know about an upcoming change to the co-hosting program. As of August 1, 2018, hosts will no longer be able to share payments with co-hosts through the Airbnb platform. We’ll send all earnings including cleaning fees to you, and you’ll now work directly with co-hosts to arrange all payments for their services. Co-hosts will still be able to access your listing and do all the same things they could before.

We plan to continue supporting the co-hosting program overall and hope that you’ll keep participating. However, if the program no longer meets your needs, you can easily remove co-hosts from your listing.

Thanks,
The Airbnb team

Hi co-host,
We want to let you know about an upcoming change to the co-hosting program. As of August 1, 2018, hosts will no longer be able to share payments with co-hosts through the Airbnb platform. All earnings including cleaning fees will go to the host, who you’ll work with directly to arrange payment for your co-hosting services. You’ll still be able to access listings that you’re co-hosting and perform all the same duties that you could before.

We plan to continue supporting the co-hosting program overall and hope that you’ll keep participating. However, if you no longer want to co-host, you can easily remove yourself from specific listings.

Thanks,
The Airbnb team

Big discussion on this here:

Interesting development.
For current hosts and co-hosts it looks strange, but it is the natural thing to do for AirBnB.

AirBnB has been operating in a grey area, more than often illegally, often having their hands in the pockets of the host.
The old construction was against all accounting and tax rules, and AirBnB knows this. By moving the responsibility of the agreement between the host an co-host from AirBnB to the host, they are creating more clarity.

@lrmcilwain
Just read that huge thread. Very enlightening, and what a bummer for all involved except for maybe savings for Airbnb corp and the huge companies that they will be in cahoots with for property management, instead of co-hosts.

So i wasted time looking for payment to co-host. They could still keep a link to payment for co-host and then when folks go there, they can say “we no longer support payments from within…”

Also, UI comment - when I hit reply, the popup comes up, good! But then the button at the bottom of popup should say ‘Send’ not ‘Reply’ again!?

Airbnb needs a new UI leader. I can give a lot of feedback, call me airbnb! For a company your size, you can do much better,