Closed for new booking

Walker’s Cay finally sold to a Texas billionaire last year. It was listed for a long time, originally in 2004 for 18 million. Last time I had looked it was down to half that or less. I had always wanted to go fish there in its heyday. I guess I will finally have the chance one day once they get it renovated.

Since we are the only dogless house in the neighbourhood, our garden is, by default, Feral Cat Sanctuary. They can be a yowling nuisance, but on the other hand we never see mice or rats any more (of course, now I’ve said it a whole family will turn up tomorrow …)

The drawback is that the animals we don’t like are not their only food, though my husband reckons even a hungry feral cat is no match for a speedy squirrel.

Get a cat …works wonders

Our first guests since our pause are in there now. I am told there has been no further evidence of rodent activity for the past week before they checked in yesterday, so crossing my fingers we have gotten all the invaders out. Now if the exterminator doesn’t stop making messes when they go in, I am going to start sending them my cleaning bill. But that is a different rant.

2 Likes