Cleanliness rating in times of Covid

Robovac for ordinary cleaning on wood floors with area rugs. I keep the smallest of my 3 shop vacs (the big one is the sawdust collector for my basement shop) upstairs for ceilings, places where the robot can’t go.

It has a HEPA filter + disposable bag, and gets sterilized with bleach when I replace the filter. Wands and attachment are all plastic and get sterilized with bleach & detergent. I have a set of attachments and wands for each floor so I don’t have to run up and down stairs.

Yes, I clean the walls and ceilings each time between 3 day rentals. It isn’t that bad in my 4000 sq ft house with 25 ft cathedral ceilings. I have had to change my ability to do same day turnovers 6 hrs, to requiring 1 week between stays. I figure the guests are allowed outside, and may touch the siding so I also power wash my entire house of 15,000 sq ft between stays. Windows are a bit trickier, as many of them are 30 ft in the air, but a little scaffolding and I have it done in less than a day. Or maybe I should do what other hosts do and just tell the guests that 5 stars are super important to them which makes the rating meaningless.

6 Likes

I have switched to disposable bed and bath linens. I also remove and replace all plumbing fixtures between guests.

6 Likes

I’m laughing out loud!

2 Likes

I was going to suggest using a robot cleaning drone for all the exterior windows. I didn’t even think about disposable linens.

Oh yeah, got my order in:
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/peelaways-multi-layered-disposable-bed-sheets/3330381?wmSkipPwa=1
Of course I’ll have to add a sheet fee to my price.

1 Like

Plastic cutlery and paper plates, too.

And those automatic bleach sprayers like they have in public restrooms! I need one of those to make sure my guests space is spic and span!!