Cleaning for longterm guests - requirements

Even when you ESCROW CLEAN, some little bratty guest will claim there’s a cobweb. I thought I had control over cleaning too. Until a guest just gleefully writes lies in a review.

For guests who stay for over eight days, I do a complementary linen change and clean. They appreciate this but it’s selfish really — I get to clean the apartment and estimate how the apartment will be when they check out. It only takes an hour and cuts down on cleaning time for the next turnover.

So true.
There’s so much you cannot control. Just had a really lovely guest who gave me 2 stars for arrival. All new guests think you won’t know what they give you for stars believing the Airbnb blurb about ‘this won’t be shared with your hosts’… Admittedly she was left waiting outside for 15 minutes late at night. BUT, she didn’t come and ring the front door bell and my husband was waiting up for her. I was at the hospital with my son and had my phone switched to silent. When I saw her message I apologised and asked her why she hadn’t rung the doorbell and she replied. I’m new and I don’t know how things work. Duh. She’s new and it translates into 2 stars for me. Some times I’m so over hosting…

Me too. Big time. Just got the worst public smackdown ever. Right now, at this moment, I hate doing this and want to quit!