Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Cleaning for long term bookings

Hi, I am a new host and have a booking coming up for 3 weeks. Just wondering what the etiquette is about cleaning and chafing sheets during a longer booking? Should I offer to clean and change the sheets free of charge during this time? Or is it ok to charge extra? What do other people do? Thanks in advance!

I offer a weekly sheet and towel change as part of my listing. Partly because the washing machine in the apartment is on the small side and partly because I want to keep an eye on how they are treating my place. I have 4 boys staying for 6 weeks right now. I would be very nervous about things if I wasn’t checking it out once a week.

I like Highgatehill’s answer.

Thanks Highgatehill, that sounds good. Do you clean weekly as well as part of your offer?

Yes, I don’t charge extra for it, it’s just included in the price. It also encourages the guests to make sure the house is cleaned at least once a week before I arrive. I get the impression these 4 boys run around the night before I come to change the sheets cleaning everything up. It’s win win for me.

Brilliant, thanks so much!

My opinion is:
It’d be improper to charge extra for change of sheets (unless they wanted something like daily change, but in that case I would simply say “no”)
A weekly change is the latest I would do. During high season, I charge guests a lot more per booking, but feel it’s also proper to give better service i.e. more sheet and towel change (every 3 or 4 days). During low season I wouldn’t feel obligated to do more than once a week.
That said, often when I offer to change about 4 days in, many say “No, we’re good”. That’s the best case scenario: offering but not having to do it.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!