Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Cleaning fees for extended stays

If I rent a place for a period, and then I want to stay longer (with host’s approval) and I extend my stay (do not make a new reservation), do I pay the cleaning fees again?

That depends on the host. I reverse the cleaning fee when guests extend their reservation. As you indicated in your other post that you are looking for a long term stay; your host might insist on cleaning periodically.

We extended our stay in Rapallo, Italy, with the host’s prior approval. He didn’t wave the cleaning fee and I was fine with that. Being a host, I know that sometimes, longer term guests means more cleaning after they leave. If my guests are there for 2-3 days, it’s usually a snap to clean. Ten day guests usually adds a couple more hours and sometimes double the hours it takes to clean my place.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!