Christmas whole house bookings

We have a family of 4 booked for over Christmas. Not knowing what the Guests expect I simply asked if they would mind if the house was decorated for the Holidays, Christmas Tree and all. Their response was ‘that would be nice, the kids might enjoy that’. I still don’t know if they celebrate or not but at least it’s clear there will be decorations. If they said they would prefer it not be we would not have decorated. We are at home hosts but don’t spend a lot of time at home especially when there are guests booked so we would be fine with not decorating.

I’m agnostic but have no problem observing the religious holidays. I love Christmas music and decorations and as has been pointed out many of the holiday themes are pagan in origin. If I were renting a whole house I would definitely be decorating and doing something extra like leaving candies, gluewein, cookies. I only rent a room but I bought chocolates that I’m leaving out until Epiphany and I’m going to put a couple of modest decorations in the room.

I put up lights, light decorations and a wreath on the door.