Choosing a new investment property to AirBnb it

Also, have the prices gone down in the last few years (curious about central Paris)? Do you have a website where all properties for sale or rent put together like “Zillow” in the States?

I think Nashville is banned btw…(

We only consider properties that generate 20% ROI or 15% if its a location we would use regularly. There is value in personel use.

When posters say a particular city has banned Airbnb that may need more careful review. What generally happens is that cities add “no short term whole house rentals” to their zoning code for residential zones. You may want to look for houses that are actually located in a commercial zone that may not have that restriction. That is what I am looking for where I live and visitors to our town really do like the downtown area as it vibrant and Lake Michigan is right there with a beautiful sand beech. So check out exactly what the law change wording actually is. Regards, Curt

3 Likes

The people of these poor cities could also bid on the house/flat … I dont’ see your point. Most people buying for investment are not overpaying, I know I would not. So, the ‘poor people’ that are having their housing stock chomped up are 1) not actually bidding on ‘this’ particular house or 2) not bidding a reasonable number. I know many places in SF that took lower offer bcc of a heart felt letter from a home owner and not an investor.

1 Like

My advice is to definitely not rely on Airbnb stats. They are only one of many listing sites. They are also following the ways of Homeaway to squeeze the most they can from the host/owner. So my suggestion would be to look at your potential success if a 3rd party booking site doesn’t exist next year.

Airbnb has been manipulating search results…following what Homeaway has done. This is only the beginning. There are many posters on Homeaway forum who had success for years and years, and now they have to sell. Why? Because now searches are manipulated. The best properties with great reviews are now being hidden, or sent to the bottom of searches. Airbnb is clearly headed in the same direction.

These same people thought Homeaway was the greatest thing since sliced bread. They did not diversify their marketing…solely depending on them. And now overnight, their inquiries dried up. It’s not because guests didn’t select them…it’s because searches are manipulated in order to appease all hosts…including the bad ones.

The major sites are well aware that if they allow the market to dictate, then the best properties will hog many bookings. But that isn’t necessarily “best” for the listing site.

2 Likes

Wait until I have a chance to visit Kona and you will heaR teRRible accent :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you dear @cabinhost.
Statistic don’t lie but liars do use statistic)))

Just curious how investors “destroying” “the cities”.
Everything is already destroyed, not by investors.
Smart people find opportunities to invest and act on it - people who do not do anything can’t blame them for that

3 Likes