Chinese guests?

Thank you, @marimages for your gracious apology. I have to say, I do actually understand where you are coming from on this. Although I don’t know many people from the Far East (and would like to change that) I do have many friends from Africa. Spain is still a not very enlightened country in some respects and they face quite a lot of prejudice so I tend to jump in to defend them whenever I hear criticism of, for example, Nigerians!

That’s impressive @Malagachica I find languages so difficult. Where did you learn Farsi?

A squillion years ago, at SOAS, London University. Urdu was my main subject and Farsi my subsidiary. But don’t be too impressed, because I failed my Farsi exam! It’s a beautiful language, though. Everyone else in my class there was either in the Foreign Office or MI6!

1 Like

Is one allowed to ask what you went onto do, if you weren’t FO or M16? Diplomatic Corps would be a fair guess!

Completely boring … married a Diplomat, had children, taught EFL. had my own school - and now I make soap and do Airbnb!

2 Likes

@Malagachica
I’m a soaper too!! But just for my own household.

Do you sell yours?

@TuMo I used to until the EU regs became so onerous for small businesses. Now I have a few private clients (couple of boutique hotels) and I make enough to sell to guests who stay here. Basically I make enough money to pay for my hobby!

I missed this. Boring??? Had your own school! Living in Spain? All those languages?

Don’t be silly… x

1 Like