Chesky today on Twitter

We shall see where this goes…

1 Like

“ See? I am just like all the little people”, he smiled, as he got into one of his five Teslas and drove out of one of the three mansions that he owns.

10 Likes

One of the first Twitter comments was how clever Chesky was moving his living expenses to be paid directly by Airbnb in the name of research.

Oh well-there is a shift coming. I’ve been depending on longer term rents NOT booked on Airbnb for some time now. For me it would be good if they did better with LTR.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter what he does there will always be a contingent of haters and one of cheerleaders. I’d love to know what he really learns from the experience though. I bet he doesn’t have a single bad experience.

5 Likes

“From July to September, 1 in 5 stays nights booked were for 30 days or longer”

Yet Airbnb is doing little to reconcile their short-term business model with existing legislation governing rentals of ~30 days and longer.

7 Likes

Bet he won’t be staying in a share house!

4 Likes

I know it won’t get noticed but I tweeted "please include some traditional in-home rooms in your travels. We sometimes feel left out in all the high end, trendy places promoted. "

5 Likes

I wonder about the reviews.
“Guest communicated and was tidy but didn’t listen to a word I said. Not a word.”

15 Likes

Sorry - can’t see it.
They blather on about privacy and work spaces. Easiest way for that is an entire home.

I wondered about that. He may be filtering for business friendly which isn’t just internet access and a desk. I have a lovely room, living room and private bath but it is not an ensuite so I can’t be considered business friendly. I’m not sure where one uses the bathroom affects one’s business, lol.

2 Likes

Oh, the places he books will have pools and hot tubs and be high end, I’d bet. Doubt it’ll be an air mattress in a spare room, which he loves to brag on about how he started out.

Love to see the reviews he leaves.

2 Likes

I would have been impressed if he did this ala “Undercover Boss”… a pseudonym and fake account at least…

7 Likes

Sorry - can’t see it.
They blather on about privacy and work spaces. Easiest way for that is an entire home.

1 Like

This is the problem - this is not the airbnb that is the majority of listings. And the ‘business model’ is already outdated - why would someone want a turnkey ‘remote office’? That might have been a great idea in 2019 but (for example) my shared home hosts 100% businesspeople and they all tell me that they prefer a relaxed atmosphere and the possibility of interaction (at least with other guests)…

3 Likes

I like & respect you. It’s my quirk. A shared bathroom is a no go for me. Nothing to do with you or or rental—IBS. Enough said.

1 Like

I hope he’s smart enough to book us, and he better like Loki

4 Likes

I host solo travelers, and they have been of all ages, from 20-70, both maleand female. One thing several of the middle aged travelers have told me is they really like home-shares, but they definitely look for places that offer a private guest bathroom, which mine does.
So I would say it’s not an unusual criteria, nor what I’d call a “quirk”.

1 Like

If he doesn’t like Loki then…well, I think we’ll know all we need to know.

3 Likes

I understand, but this is not a shared bathroom, it simply doesn’t open into the bedroom. It is off the hall just outside the private living room and dedicated exclusively to the rental.

1 Like

Gotcha. I can happily nip out & around