Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Checkpoint (Verification Pending)

The “checkpoint” concept I believe has been discussed/referenced here a couple of times, but I don’t remember a screenshot, so I thought I would add one. This is the first time I have actually caught it on my calendar.

Thanks @jumoe

I had this last week but the booking didn’t go through or the guest chose another place or something. I did end up booking the night to someone else who reserved just a day ahead of time. With all the last minute bookings I get it’s a bit annoying to have my calendar blocked for up to 12 hours.

1 Like

I have noticed this before and am wondering if this is a test group or new policy. I do not have the ID verification on but still am getting the “checkpoint”. Which I am not opposed to just curious as the individual I have possibly coming in has been a member for 2 years. Do you know what triggers the checkpoint? Is it just ID verification?

I have seen it lot’s of time. I usually phone Air and ask them to clear the calendar and they do. Why should I have my calendar booked on a maybe for 12 hours?

I know this is old, but I just got this for the first time (that I’m aware of). I’m not worried about it blocking my calendar since the reservation is for April 22, which is 70 days away. I got a notification around 9:30am that looked like I had a new message from a guest, but there was no message. Just an empty conversation and all of the typical reservation information except that the status was “AWAITING VERIFICATION”.

It’s been 6 hours with no change, so I sent a message to the guest asking if he needed any help and reminding him that the system will automatically cancel if the verification is not completed within 12 hours of booking.

Edit: The booking now says Cancelled, REQUEST WITHDRAWN, which I expected. I don’t think the guest actually withdrew it, but it was automatically cancelled because the guest did not complete their Goverment ID verification.

2nd Edit: The guest Instant Booked this morning, so he must’ve completed the ID verification after the booking was cancelled and then just re-booked.

2 Likes
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!