Check your email NEW Airbnb TOS

I created a contract for VRBO in the beginning since they recommended it. Then I just started uploading my House Manual as the contract. No signature required…“booking and payment are confirmation to abide by the House Rules and penalties, etc…”

I, like @momovich, have little confidence my contract or House Rules are totally enforceable. But, VRBO has real deposits and I have STR insurance. There’s also small claims court, and having been there before, I do believe cases can be made easily enough without signed contracts as long as things are in writing.

I mean, am I likely to sue over ruined sheets the guest refused to pay for if ABB doesn’t back my claim? No. The only big rule I ever am concerned about is smoking, but supposedly that is covered by ABB now.

So, I may be clueless :sweat_smile:, but I don’t see the need for signed contracts when the guest has to “acknowledge and accept” all the rules, etc. already when they book.

2 Likes

I don’t require a signed contract from AirBnB guests, but I do from Vrbo guests and my direct bookings. Since AirBnB has room for a lot of house rules, I copy my contract there and don’t bother with having them sign a second one.

1 Like

Agree…I’d definitely have the guest sign a contract if we booked direct (need terms and agreement in some kind of written form).

2 Likes

I’m reading that many hosts already have contracts and ask for guests to sign them. I’m highly curious and interested in starting to do this but could someone perhaps share a template? Then how is the guest asked to sign the contract? After booking are they emailed an attachment? Or how exactly is this completed? - Thank you

I don’t require a contract for AirBnB bookings but I do for VRBO and direct bookings. I use DocuSign and it sends it to their email for their signature, then to my email for my signature. It’s all on-line.
DocuSign costs some but I think there are a couple like it that are free.

2 Likes

To start at the very beginning, Airbnb requires supplemental contracts be disclosed. I would disclose in both the description & house rules.

If you are in the USA, FREE sample/template state specific LTR leases are available at ipropertymanagement.com

USA website eforms.com offers sample/template STR rental agreement

https://eforms.com/download/2015/09/Short-Term-Vacation-Lease-Agreement.docx

2 Likes

I agree it I our job that’s why it’s OK for airbnb to lie and have a phony host guarantee

Last July you posted here that you weren’t going to use Airbnb again. So why exactly are you here? Please let us know. Thank you.

2 Likes

@Invisibleman OMG!!! I hope this is a joke…