Check your Availability Settings, mine changed without notice

I just got an enquiry for 4 nights in December. My usual minimum is 3 nights, but for Dec and Jan I set it to 5. I thought it unusual that a period less than what I’d set could be ‘enquired’ or ‘requested’. When I went and checked the settings, my Dec/Jan 5 day minimum wasn’t there…odd.
I know that Airbnb changed the location of some settings from Fees to Calendar so it’s possible my manual settings got swiped in that move.
Have a look if you have set different minimums to check they are still there. (glad my instant book was turned off)

2 Likes

We have been havinf this problem for awhile. I check it every few days just to mke sure and 8/10 times its wrong.

2 Likes

Aah thanks, I never checked it since setting, good to know.

Yes, this happened to me twice. I think once it was set to a higher minimum and I wasn’t even being seen in searches.

Um, have you reported this to Airbnb? Screenshots would help.

@cabinhost, ditto.

This is the thread I made:

The first time I was on the phone with the rep. I told him it was strange and that I had no reason to change them. I am sure the guy thought “yeah right.”

My post was in reply to you Faheem. Sometimes when I reply to a person it does not show that I am replying to them. Not sure why.

Hi @cabinhost,

Ah, sorry. I’d seen that thread, but I had forgotten about it. It should be trivial to automatically snapshot the relevant page at fixed intervals. One could set up a cron job or similar. The URL is always the same, right?

I think I’ll put that on my todo list, especially if I find that I’m making significant changes to the listing. One more thing to do - sigh.

I can’t even remember how to take a screen shot, much less setting up automatic snapshots…lol.

Now that I know for sure it wasn’t just me spacing it, then I will call the next time and report to Airbnb and tell them it is not my imagination. I really hope there is not a next time…

This is really even more terrible for instant book properties. I wonder if Air shows what date and time the settings were changed last.

Hi @cabinhost,

See for example https://askubuntu.com/questions/49847/how-do-i-make-schelduled-snapshots-of-an-authenticated-webpage. The first answer looks like the most
promising, but I can’t say how well this would work - I haven’t tried it. And I realise most people don’t use this OS, but it’s just an illustration of what is involved.

thanks, I missed that thread, sounds like a regular happening I’ll need to be onto

Have you looked at the activity report? Mine shows every instance that I change something and includes a description of what I changed with the date and time stamp.

1 Like

Do you have a co-host? I never noticed the activity report until I added a co-host.

Yes, I do. I don’t know if I was able to view the activity log before I added the co-host.

1 Like

I just looked at my activity log and it shows activity from when I added the co-host so maybe it is not available unless you have a co-host. It is useful to have the log.

Ok, thanks for checking. Yes, it is helpful to have both a co-host and the activity log. Now when I go out of town my co-host who is my house-sitter can run the airbnb. She is also one of my emergency back ups if anything were to happen to me.