Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Changing work schedule and check-in times

I have noticed that some sites don’t have check-in times in their rules, and I’d like to do something similar so I can agree on a time by message, but all I can do is “flexible” or a set time.

I have a changing work schedule, and I am not always able to get the room clean by a set time.
My current check-in time is 4 pm. It works well if the reservation is made in advance, and I can plan on cleaning the day before, or come back from work to flip the room. But today I had a same day booking, and my previous guest was still at home when I left for work. Before I agreed to the new reservation, I told the new guest I wouldn’t be able to let them in until 5:30 pm. She replied “Awesome!”, but didn’t really read the message and was later surprised…

Anyway, how can I deal with a changing work schedule and the system?

From what you have written, the easy answer is don’t allow same day bookings. Require 1 day advance notice.

1 Like

When I have this happen, I make SURE the guest understands they cannot check in until whatever time you specify. If I can do it, I offer to make it up to them with a late checkout.

Having a 1 day turnaround might be one way, but its more the check-in time that I would like to change.

How about not having a check-in time in the main section? I think older listings can do it, like this one:

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!