Changing from 1 to 2 guests midstay

At the end of June we will have a Spanish couple stay here. The girl will arrive first and spend the first night alone here. The guy will arrive on the second day and they will spend one night together here.
We charge for the second person staying, and now my question is what is the easiest way to handle this AirBnB-reservation-wise? Any thoughts? Ideas?

Thank you all !

I just put through a modification to add the second person charge to the price and let them know to accept it. So far, no complaints!

1 Like

Use the reservation alteration feature, easy as pie!

1 Like

Kona, so do I have to alterate the reservation after the first night? (That is what I was thinking, but I was wondering if there was a better way.) Or can I already alterate the reservation right now?

But in that case, wouldn’t AirBnB think that we have only 1 guest instead of 2 guests? And wouldn’t that cause insurance problems?

What I do in these circumstances is leave the extra person on the reservation, and then calculate what the cost should actually be and send that as a special offer.

Can’t you just click on “change reservation”? You can change the number of guests there. If you’re set up to charge for an additional person it might calculate it automatically, either way you can also change the price to reflect the extra person for one night only. Then make sure in the on platform communication you have it documented that the second person is only there the second night.

You would change the number of guests to two and then subtract one day’s
extra guest charge in that case. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, that is exactly what I was trying to say but you said it much better!!! I am always way too wordy.