Change Room Set Up?

Hi There.

I’m new to AirBnB and rent two rooms in my home. One has a queen and the other two twins. The queen gets booked constantly. I outfitted the other room for kids or friends travelling. I own a vineyard and advertise to wine tourists. I live onsite also.

The queen gets booked approximately 4 times as the room with twins.

Should I consider replacing the twins with a queen to attract more couples?

From what you’ve said I would think you’ve identified your market as being predominantly adults and, by the sounds of it, couples mostly who’d share a bed. I think it’d make sense to change it up and try a queen/double bed in the other room. You’d only need to at least match the 1/4 bookings with minimal outlay to change the bed.

1 Like

Do you have three listings? Room A, Room B, Room A and B. I think the twin bed room would be more popular if booked together with the other.

This is a great idea!!! The families that have stayed booked both separately. Kind’ve inconvenient perhaps. Thanks.

1 Like

Good business idea!!! Most of my guests have been adults or couples. Thanks.

There are also ways to turn two twins into a single king bed. Google it and see if you think that would work for you

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion.

We have the same set up, thinking we would get Mum Dad + 2 kids, but we get all sorts of combinations. If our queen is booked, we don’t offer the singles separately. We only accept 1 party at a time, whether that be 1, 2, 3 or 4 people.

It sounds like you allow multiple parties, in which case the 3 separate listings idea sounds great. You’ll just have to manage it a little and block the 2+2 listing if one of the 2’s goes on certain dates.

Also, if you are looking to buy a new bed anyway, get 2 singles that can lash together, rather than tying yourself into a queen.

S

2 Likes

You can easily sync calendars between listings

1 Like

You can always turn 2 twin beds into one king. I stayed once in a hotel where twin beds were tiny. Though it was only me I wanted a bigger bed. And housekeeper came and magically turned it into big bed within minutes. I don’t remember exactly what he did but I didn’t even feel that 2 beds were just pulled together .

Or you can advertise as an addition to queen bed .

1 Like

Maybe this is what is commonly done, but you need Twin XL beds to create a king, otherwise it is too short.

1 Like

I am a huge fan of the Ikea daybed that goes from couch to twin bed to king. It looks pretty classy for the price.

3 Likes