Case manager problems

Thank you for support RiverRock, I really do appreciate your camaraderie. Its nice to know that there are people out there that care.
My Facebook circle is limited, Twitter may be a nice idea, but the support will likely be worth the time spent. This is a very limited issue for most users, there are more important once out there, political, environment, animals, etc.
I was thinking of writing a letter to someone in the corporate department on 888 Brannan St., San Francisco. I am yet to find a name of a specific person within corporate office with whom I would have a better chance of a short response.
Leaning more this route first, later will see.
What are your thoughts?

It is not about your circle, post on Air’s page. I do not think writing a letter will go anywhere, you need to shame them publicly. JUst keep at it, call from different phones.

RR

1 Like

Thank you, I didn’t think about that. I would love to do it if I can.

I know that this woman is telling the truth about her situation. I manage many listings for many hosts that are completely unrelated to one another. I recently took on a new listing for someone I knew quite well that had a studio. This person is very conscientious and perhaps a bit overzealous. He got a suggestion to get better quality toilet paper even though he’s had all five star reviews since he started in March. When his new supply of toilet paper came in, he immediately went into the listing and put in the new roll of toilet paper. He knocked on the door and no one was there because he was a new host, he was unaware. The guest questioned me through the message thread and when I responded what the intentions of the host were and asked if anything was moved, missing, or touched as far as they could see, nothing had been. I guess said his concerns were alleviated, but later requested $100 after the host had said he’d love for the person to stay again and give them $100 credit towards a future stay. The individual thought it was an opportunity to get $100 off this stay. I told this person, you don’t get $100 because someone changed out your toilet paper. You said you were fine with the fact that the host went in once you understood the intention. He seemed fine and then two weeks later, when he saw that his review was less than stellar, he called Airbnb. All of my listings.… Shut down, once again, I tell you these people don’t even know one another and yet all of my listings were shut down. My own personal listings were fine because I have them on another vacation site but the listings of numerous clients were impacted by the decision of one person. She felt foolish when she was on the phone with me and when I questioned her about the guidelines of Airbnb and why they don’t even have to notify us when they are doing these things. We were not given notification, nor will we give an explanation until a couple of days have passed and finally we found out that it was because of this one Man. The man felt bad When I messaged him that if he wanted any kind of a refund, he was going to have to go through the case manager at Airbnb because things have gotten tied up. The guest called me and said he just wanted his bad review removed, he knew the review was accurate, he just didn’t like it. Ironically he actually got a hold of Airbnb and ask them to remove any restrictions and told them it wasn’t at all what they were thinking and that it was a misunderstanding. They said they would close out both of us tickets but it would be their decision whether or not to open my listings back up. The following day my husband and I went to book a vacation to visit our son in college. We noticed we were not even able to get onto the traveler platform although everything we read said that we could still travel. We feel we did nothing wrong, the listings are still paused, and they keep saying they’re just working on their investigation. I’m not sure what they’re investigating at this point. The case manager made a personal decision to make things difficult for me. When I asked her what more she needed from us, she said she had everything she needed to make a decision. I asked her why she wasn’t making the decision then and she said because she needs to review the guidelines. I asked her if she was so unfamiliar with the guidelines that she needed to review them. She said she’s very familiar with them. I told her it made no sense to me then. She said I didn’t have to. So clearly they can just have a bad day and decide to affect your livelihood. They call us partners, but they treat us Like trash

Guests have learned that they can say anything they want to. It doesn’t need to be true or accurate, it just needs to be enough to get some thing opened up with a safety case manager. We are told to leave honest and accurate reviews and then when we do we get punished for it as hosts. The dynamic of Airbnb has shifted. They are no longer a family friendly company, they call themselves our partners, but everything is one-sided and within their control. That is not a partnership the last I knew. They sent huge apology letters and mass quantity two hosts when they made all the guests whole after the pandemic. Anyone Who was a traveler was made whole. Hosts were left out to dry. The same hosts that have put Airbnb in a position to become the faceless corporation they have become. We were a host with them since 2012. We have been a super host with numerous listings. We have turned numerous individuals onto Airbnb. I was even interviewed by the news because I was the first one in my community to speak up for Airbnb. I praised them for the company they Once were, if interviewed again, I would have to be honest about the horrible shift this company has taken with no regard at all for its so-called “partners”.

This thread is two years old so it’s being closed.

Welcome to the forum, perhaps you will find some current threads with relevance.