Cancelled Booking but never received a request

I was browsing through my reservations and discovered a canceled booking. The strange thing is that I never received a booking request from this guest, no messages at all and I don’t have instant book on. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Yes. In my case it was someone who was trying to book my place but weren’t able to complete it for some reason, probably ID or credit card problems. In my case it was a Korean guest.

1 Like

I got pinged for not having 100% Response Rate. Checking back through hundreds of messages, I discovered a Request to Book that I never saw and was never sent an email about.

Yes, once when we first started hosting - a cancelled guest appeared who I’d never heard of or from! I puzzled over it for a while, meant to contact Airbnb to query it, but then it disappeared after about 10 days … perhaps that will happen with your phantom guest, too.

1 Like

There have been several notification glitches lately. Some have completely slipped,by the text alert, iPad alert and email alert. I only discovered them by logging in my account and noticing it sitting there. Too bizarre!

1 Like

We have had a few if these. My guess was fraud and ABB caught it, cancelled the reservation, and didnt bother to ‘clean up’ our transaction history

Some feedback from AirBnb regarding the matter “the canceled reservation you’re seeing will not impact your account standing. Your guest did not send an accompanying message and retracted the request to book immediately which was why no message was received on your end.”

1 Like